Squeaking from rear left area when going over bumps

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
Whenever I go over a speed bump, or travel over an uneven road, there is a squeaking/rattling noise coming from the rear left of the car. It sounds like it's inside the cabin/car, but I can't work out what it is.

I have black leathers so I thought it could be those rubbing on something if they weren't secure, but they're solid and show so signs of movement when I try and replicate the noise when stationary. I also thought it could be the 'roller' on the left side of the parcel shelf and that's rubber. I don't think it's that either as it doesn't seem like it can generate the sort or amount of noise that I get. I don't think it's the spare tyre, as it doesn't sound like it comes from the base of the boot.

Anyone else experienced this? Strangely enough, I was getting these sorts of noises from my ibiza that also had leathers, although that was the rear right!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Rear spring?

I have heard of these snapping at the bottom, might be worth having a dig around the rear wheel well and seeing what you can see.

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
Oddly enough http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415664 thread was posted this very morning lol

Might not be your issue but proves that the springs are prone to failure.

Thanks for your help. Given that mine's a 2012 plate, I'd hope it isn't springs already. It's covered a lot of miles, but they are mostly motorway, although I guess it only takes one bad pot hole to cause havoc! I had a look under the wheel arch but can't see really anything, so guess I'll need to go under the car and take a look.