Squeeking From Underneath

ScottScott

Hello all,
Bought my Leon '04 in October second hand obviously from a dealer.

Been driving really well so far, however I've had a bit of an issue with a squeeking coming from the underside of the car. Its a fairly quiet and high pitched noise which mainly comes when driving over bumps etc.
I initially thought that it was the shocks, however after some inspection it doesn't to be them. Mainly becuase
So this has lead me to try and think what else it could be.
Someone suggested to me that it could be a bush or nut that is causing it. However, not being able to be under my car when it is causing the squeeking, means that its rather hard to determine where its coming from!

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Scott

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
try moving the exhaust with your hand (when its cold obviously) and see can you hear it! sometimes exhaust mounts can squeek

Aug 24, 2007
yep, exhaust centre section above the cross member is notorious for rusting the mounts.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
go outside, put your foot on the exhaust tips, and push gently downwards, see if it squeaks when you do this, im pretty sure this will be it...

the bracket where the centre section connects to the underbody rusts and snaps over time.

simple fix with u clamp.

ScottScott

Thanks alot for the suggestions.
I'll have a look tonight and see what the result is. Many thanks.

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
Squeak

Another not so obvious one that sounds like it comes from underneath is the bottom mounting rubbers for the radiator assembly, if they have gone it squeaks exactly like you have described. to check it see if you can swing the bottom of the rad slightly back to front

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members