Stage 1 Map

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
So, I finally got a stage 1 map done at Mac Tuning Stevenage. The whole thing was done in an hour and what a difference it makes. Should have got it done ages ago. However, I have noticed a noise at high revs, almost like a rattling or aggressive wooshing sound.. not quite sure but could it be the massive amount of air being pulled?

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
That said, was driving back today and giving it some beans and all of a sudden.. started to misfire and lumpy
Got in the hard shoulder and switched everything off. Tried again and I have yellow check engine light flashing away and lumpy like it's on three cylinders..
Suspect coil packs?

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
just had the garage call and confirmed, recommended 4 x CPs Bosch, no other codes Thankfully and will be ready this afternoon. After that experience I am a bit worried to cane it now.. perhaps a good idea to let everything settle down and not drive it too hard so early after the map, what do you think?

Reactions: Alexis27

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Shouldn't make any difference really. Not unusual for old coils to go after a remap. Mollycoddling it now just means anything that is going to break is just going to break next week instead of today.
Vulnerable parts after a remap are old coils, an old fuel pump, an old turbo and an old clutch. But they all fail at some point anyway, map or no map 🙂

Reactions: Jay20VT