Stage 2+ Aggressive Settings

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Hi guys,

A question in regards to my stage 2+ settings. With me not having an uprated intake (just a green panel air filter) would running the car on these settings be okay (b9 t5 f6 in aggressive setting) or would you recommend bringing the boost down and others too, to provide smoother power delivery and keep down the temps.

Also, what settings does the stock setting for car run in terms of B T F?

Last edited:

Poverty

stock settings b1 t0 f 0.

What mods are on the car?

Dont need a intake really to run aggressive stage 2 plus as revo doesnt on their k1 but it would be beneficial.

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Car has full miltek tbe, green panel air filter, KMD hpfp, and stage 2+ software. Also lowered the car with eibach sportlines.

Poverty

Id knock boost back to 8 for better upper rev range pulling, leave timing where it is as thats safe, and reduce fuelling to 7.

Hard to setup individual cars without vag come though

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Thanks for that Poverty, I have got a gen Ross-Tech Micro can cable, just never used it or the Vag-Com software. Think i'm going to have to learn though.

Poverty

Thanks for that Poverty, I have got a gen Ross-Tech Micro can cable, just never used it or the Vag-Com software. Think i'm going to have to learn though.

yeah its not too hard, main thing to check is timing pull really.

reesy

May 4, 2007
South Wales
I have mine set at b9 t4 f9, which was set by the Revo dealer. It runs great very agressive yet smooth, I have tried many settings mentioned on the forum, but the other settings seemed sluggish in comparison to the above settings.

I started a thread a few days ago to query what everyone is using, as on the gti forum jonnyc mentioned he ran his Ed 30 stage 2+ on b9 t7 f9 without issues.

Can having it on agressive settings damage the car ?

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
I have mine set at b9 t4 f9, which was set by the Revo dealer. It runs great very agressive yet smooth, I have tried many settings mentioned on the forum, but the other settings seemed sluggish in comparison to the above settings.

I started a thread a few days ago to query what everyone is using, as on the gti forum jonnyc mentioned he ran his Ed 30 stage 2+ on b9 t7 f9 without issues.

Can having it on agressive settings damage the car ?

Ressy, what mods do you have on your car? Also, with fuel being on 9, won't that be running too lean?

I spoke to Kev from Revo about my settings and was told that I can run full boost on the aggressive setting, however with my car not having a proper intake such as the ITG requested boost would not be achieved. So i may as well reduce my boost and adjust the fuel setting too. I just don't want the car to pull back when temps start to raise!

BTW, I don't know if running on aggressive can do any damage to the car. Does anyone else know???

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
area these the setting they set with a stage1/2 map. You just can't change them unless you have select plus?

I'm going stage 1 soon and will just get a select switch for turning back to stock mode for the GF and garage work. Can I ask the revo dealer to set things like b8 t5 f7 for the map?

reesy

May 4, 2007
South Wales
I have the following

tbe
itg cai
s3 intercooler
ngk irdium plugs
kmd hpfp(Molly greased)
front & rear r32 brake set up
goodridge braided hoses
forge short shifter
dogbone mount
forge bov spacer & revised d dv

I am still fiddling with the settings, but on the ones tried 949 works the best at the moment !

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
I have the following

tbe
itg cai
s3 intercooler
ngk irdium plugs
kmd hpfp(Molly greased)
front & rear r32 brake set up
goodridge braided hoses
forge short shifter
dogbone mount
forge bov spacer & revised d dv

I am still fiddling with the settings, but on the ones tried 949 works the best at the moment !

With them mods, your settings sound about right and should achieve full boost. Have you had the car on RR yet? Would like to know what you are pushing. :think:

reesy

May 4, 2007
South Wales
I did take it after my ko4 conversion, but due to me having sportline springs fitted, it was unable to go on the dyno as the front bumper was resting on the floor when it was set and would have caused damage.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
sorry for sounding dumb, but what do all these settings mean and do ?? and how do you guys know what settngs to use ?? im on my first Seat and only had it 2 months so appologies !! :D

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
sorry for sounding dumb, but what do all these settings mean and do ?? and how do you guys know what settngs to use ?? im on my first Seat and only had it 2 months so appologies !! :D

When you have a Revo map and buy the select + switch you can adjust settings on boost, timing and fuel. boost and timing from 0-9 9 being the highest, on fuel its 9-0 9 being the leanest.

The settings just adjust things like how the power is delivered agressivly would be a boost of 9 non aggresive around 6 etc. for timing i think 4-6 is 98ron and above ie 7-9 is race fuel. You can adjust fuel aswell for how rich or lean you want the mix to be, i think 6 is about as rich as you'd want it and 9 is lean but not too lean that it would cause damage.

hope this helps although im no expert.

Last edited:

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
When you have a Revo map and buy the select + switch you can adjust settings on boost, timing and fuel. boost and timing from 0-9 9 being the highest on fuel is 9-0 9 being the leanest.

The settings just adjust things like how the power is delivered agressivly would be a boost of 9 non aggresive around 6 etc. for timing i think 4-6 is 98ron and above ie 7-9 is race fuel. You can adjust fuel aswell for how rich or lean you want the mix to be, i think 6 is about as rich as you'd want it and 9 is lean but not too lean that it would cause damage.

hope this helps although im no expert.

A good account of how it all works Rob :)

Poverty

A good account of how it all works Rob :)

yep very good account, and the way I understand it with the revo software, there is no way you can run too lean, as they have inbuilt safety parameter that can allow the ecu to completely override it and limit how little fuel is used in the AFR.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise