Star Performance No Longer Tuning

Ryan-CupraT

Oct 1, 2006
hello i spoke to jim today, he said that he has stopped tuning 1.8 20vt engines!! so those of us that have custom maps dose that mean he wont touch them? or just stoped chiping cars?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Maybe he means anything other than the Dual system or GIAC? since they're still listed on his site

Business can't be that good to choose to loose out on all teh 1.8T's

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
This is strange. Wonder what his reasons are.

I had troubles shutting him up, he was very chatty when i was there, on both occasions.

But he does seem a little grumpy.

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
Star

whats the betting he is moving over to tuning the 2.0TFSI engines only ! can't see him stopping altogether, lets face it star are not exactly centrally located and even wher they are is a bit remote, most of thie work comes from reputation and word of mouth..

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
whats the betting he is moving over to tuning the 2.0TFSI engines only ! can't see him stopping altogether, lets face it star are not exactly centrally located and even wher they are is a bit remote, most of thie work comes from reputation and word of mouth..

Good point, He was yapping on about his new Leon he had mapped to 290bhp and 315 lb/ft when i was picking my car up after the map. 1.8T's aren't what I would call a pain in the ass though... :shrug:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I could understand why people would choose to stop tuning..

It's a very crowded market and their's insane amount of ballache involved

Must be nice to turn away willing punters with money in their hands though

Crowded in the midlands yes, but I wouldn't say there were m(any) another tuning places locally to him

Like I say - I'll bet it's the tailored mapping he's stopping - there will be cfar less money in it for the hassle

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.