Suspension makes loud bang

steph_x

I've had my Seat Ibiza (04 plate 1.9 TDI Sport) for a few weeks and since I got it whenever I go over a fairly harsh bump (or sometimes even just small bumps like a little pothole or drain cover) the suspension makes a loud banging sound, which sounds like it is coming from the passenger side.
I took it into a garage and they said the suspension arm was broken so they replaced it and sorted it all out - however, it still seems to be exactly the same. I have heard that the suspension on Ibizas is quite harsh but I'm sure it is not supposed to do this.

Taking it back to the garage tomorrow to see if they can do anything but just wondered if anyone on here had any suggestions or thoughts on what it could be? Does anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks
Steph

dirty

Could be a dodgy wheel bearing, sounds wierd i know but i have a heard a few crack over loud bumps, the obvious though is lower arm bushes, arb and also sometimes broken road springs

steph_x

Cheers, took it into the garage today and they said its something to do with the suspension hitting the bushes, doesn't really mean alot to me haha, should sort it out though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.