t-cut on onvi cupra

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
has any one tryed cuting the paint on there onvi cupra,

gunna get my roof resprayed some time n wanna get the rest of the car up a bit if poss.................whats best to use?

joe_cupra

There is only one grade of T-cut as far as i know.
But in all honestly it wont make much difference as its lacquered anyway, its only your basecoat paints which arent lacquered which will come up with T-cut and buffing..
I fully machine polished mine,which just shined it up.
Hope this helps..........
JT

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
There are other cutting polishes about. Your best bet is to speak to a spray shop and see if you can get some cutting compound. You can get certain grades like 03b etc. Machine polishing it with this and then polishing it with some decent polish would probably bring it back really well

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
has any one tryed cuting the paint on there onvi cupra,

gunna get my roof resprayed some time n wanna get the rest of the car up a bit if poss.................whats best to use?

Did you ever get your roof resprayed?
How much it cost?

My roof now needs a respray thanks to me roof rack :(

My cars onvi yellow, so...

Thanks

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
in the end m8 i got so pissed of with the colour being diffrent here n ther n roof pealing n bad colour i sold it n brought a 02 arctic grey one..............thats my answer ;)

Last edited:

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
in the end m8 i got so pissed of with the colour being diffrent here n ther n roof pealing n bad colour i sold it n brought a 02 arctic grey one..............thats my answer ;)

ohhh yeh i was browsing through old threads last night and come across a thread by the lad that bought your old-er cupra - from a dealership or something if i remember rightly?

Errr well i love her too much to sell her, so thats not an option lol!

Thanks though

jsparks

There is only one grade of T-cut as far as i know.
But in all honestly it wont make much difference as its lacquered anyway, its only your basecoat paints which arent lacquered which will come up with T-cut and buffing..
I fully machine polished mine,which just shined it up.
Hope this helps..........
JT

unless its metallic, theyre not laquered i dont stink, especially the water based paints in SEATS etc.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.