TDI 150 mpg

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Of the list i saw, SEAT was the worst manufacturer for getting less MPG than quoted.. :(

I think all manufacturers are guilty of this - some just get found out more so than others! :lol:

In my FL FR+ 170 I recently got 65.4 mpg average on a journey which is only 0.3 off the estimated extra-urban figure. (Most of the journey is motorway based!)

In my Boc I got 54.5 (average) mpg on a journey which is 1.2 more than the estimated extra-urban figure! (Same route, again mostly motorway based!)

Both were runs from Scotland down to the midlands cruising gently down the M6 - be under no illusions - these were eco-runs that I did purely to see if these targets can be met.

Unfortunately you have to cruise at roughly 55-60mph and be quite patient! Don't expect to be able to sit at 70 the with cruise control on and hit those figures ;)

Also worthy of note is both cars had easily covered 10,000 miles by that point. For the diesel that was probably barely even worn in!

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I usually average round about 52 mpg in my Mk 2 170 CR FR on a similar journey from Scotland down to Nottinghamshire using M74, M6, A66 and A1. This is sitting at 70 mph with cruise control on for the motorway sections of the journey.

I've now got a Mk3 1.8 Tsi FR on order and I'm expecting to see quite a drop from those figures when I get it. However, as most of my journeys during the week are very short and my annual mileage is no more than 12,000 with the lower price of petrol compared to diesel fuel it shouldn't be too much more expensive to run. I originally planned to have the 184 tdi but due to the delays with this model I've gone for the 1.8 Tsi instead. Should be reasonably fun to drive when I eventually get it. It was ordered at beginning of March and I'm now being told July - perhaps I should have waited for the tdi!

Last edited:

Rikwaite

Yes mate, but I was comparing it with the 2011 mk6 golf gt tdi that I traded in. So it was akso a common rail dpf equipped engine.

Just odd how the golf did 10mpg more than the Leon.

Like I say, early days......will wait for a fill up to get a better idea, maybe the fuel computer under reads?

Still love it tho!

Andy;)

Hi

I've he mine 2 weeks with round town driving and I'm getting 45 mpg. Mines a150ps fr. Going to take on the motorway see how it goes. My friend is a mechanic he's reckons it will loosen up with time and get better

I love it s well quality car.

Rikwaite

I usually average round about 52 mpg in my Mk 2 170 CR FR on a similar journey from Scotland down to Nottinghamshire using M74, M6, A66 and A1. This is sitting at 70 mph with cruise control on for the motorway sections of the journey.

I've now got a Mk3 1.8 Tsi FR on order and I'm expecting to see quite a drop from those figures when I get it. However, as most of my journeys during the week are very short and my annual mileage is no more than 12,000 with the lower price of petrol compared to diesel fuel it shouldn't be too much more expensive to run. I originally planned to have the 184 tdi but due to the delays with this model I've gone for the 1.8 Tsi instead. Should be reasonably fun to drive when I eventually get it. It was ordered at beginning of March and I'm now being told July - perhaps I should have waited for the tdi!

Hi
I was in the same predicament as u couldn't wait foe the 184 derv. I went for the 150 ps which in not disappointed with. They told me the end of may when I ordered mine it turned up a month early hopefully yrs will as well. My old one was a mk2 170 ps cr cracking car but this one hopefully exceed my old one. The tech pack is a must

Hop u get it soon

Rik

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.