the difference between bluefin stg 1 and revo stg 1

stephenSF

Jun 2, 2009
Hello, I'm trying to find out what the hp increase is on the stage 1 revo on a petrol FR. For some reason when you put in to their website the only option that matches, a 2.0 t fsi leon mk2, it says that the standard bhp is 185 bhp instead of 197. It seems to be referring to the old sport and not the FR.
In short, I am trying to find out what the increase is on a stage 1 revo compared to a stage 1 bluefin. Anyone know? Thanks

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Hello, I'm trying to find out what the hp increase is on the stage 1 revo on a petrol FR. For some reason when you put in to their website the only option that matches, a 2.0 t fsi leon mk2, it says that the standard bhp is 185 bhp instead of 197. It seems to be referring to the old sport and not the FR.
In short, I am trying to find out what the increase is on a stage 1 revo compared to a stage 1 bluefin. Anyone know? Thanks

Don't think you should look at it purely from a BHP perspective.

It's more around 'how' the power is delivered. Quite a few people who have tried both solutions find the Bluefin to feel more OEM, whereas the Revo has a more aggressive an surge like feel to acceleration. Depending on your preference you should go either way. The bhp figures just won't tell the whole story.

Also consider it from a perspective of whether you want a hand controller or not. Bluefin comes with a controller, Revo's is an extra cost.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm not sure exactly sure at what point in the rev range full boost kicks in, you would have to point that question in the direction of RevoKev or RevoCarl, but having had many different maps the Revo map seems to display much greater urgency from over 3,200rpm in the rev range in the S3, and with the extra traction you don't get any electronic interference to slow you down.

I don't know if any of the Mk2 boys on here will know.

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
Does anyone have the power and torque curves comparing std Mk2 Cupra to REVO stage 1. Their site indicates significant gains but I can't get the graphs to work. The previous posts appear to confirm the REVO power delivery is earlier and more apparent but does it run out quicker?

stephenSF

Jun 2, 2009
Well, I just looked into it and while the bluefin is £435 inc vat the revo + switch is £763 inc vat! Don't think I can justify the £330 quid on a bit extra oomph. Might just trial the bluefin for now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise