The Leon cometh tomorrow! Some questions?

EdwardNR

Hi all

The deal is done, money handed over - now I just have to wait a few painful hours till my lovely new motor arrives...

The garage couldn't get it 102'd and serviced in time so they offered to deliver it to my work, and as it's a Seat car the logbook is in Milton Keynes!

So I have a couple of questions about my impending Leon, which I found out to my joy that it's in fact a June 06 Stylance with sport pack so actually worth a bit more me thinks :)

Anhoo, when I drove it today it had the gawd-awful drive away locking enabled which as I'm in leafy Northant's I'm not bothered with. Is it possible to disable this feature (as the MFD doesn't have the extra option the newer cars have)? I'll ask the dealer but wanted some backup before I do!

And on the MFD note, I have the Bluetooth so the larger one with the Setup feature but it doesn't have the convenience option - does anyone know if this is upgradeable?

Other than that, lovely car and I can't wait!!! [B)]

Cheers

Edd

yell_oh

Nov 5, 2006
Anti-hijack can be disabled through VAG-COM, search the threads there. If you can find someone local who has the gear, they'll probably do it for you pretty cheap.

Dealer may do it, but they seem a bit worried about things like that due to possible insurance co. comeback etc. (it's a security feature so insurance group rating takes it into account). *if* you did get a nutter hop in at the lights and point a water pistol at your head and steal your car/westlife compilation CD/satnav/BLT+Ginsters/handbag/manbag/scented tree, you may not be covered if you didn't notify your insurer.