Third party mapping on a new Leon Cupra (10 months old) going in for first service

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I've have a dyno print out on my laptop of wheel based and Hub, 302 stock on wheel based 381 after remap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
The 280 290 300 have slightly different curves on the graphs not a lot but noticeable by eye

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I just don't get how your saying the map is the exact same in the golf R when it's dynod at stock @315 ??

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Damn, must have some sneaky Russian friends that lied about the stock dynos, possibly not strapped down tight enough ?

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
I understand there detectable and the level of complexity to finding them out via the software. And how easily they are from driving them.

Bottom line is all you saying if something goes on the car.......... if something went on the car, the car would be in the shop the next day and on the road the quickest it could be if warranty was a choice then that option may be taken.

I'm simply pointing out the bottom line is they won't detect it on service, when the cars paid off after another 2 years and sold and buying the next cupra or w.e is on the market it will still be sold with the extended warranty of 2 years remaining.

I guarantee my car will not only last the test of time but it's condition and amount care and detail into maintaining it will be the best it could be.

Though I appreciate the looks of the car I can't ever have a car stock, it's just not for me, I feel the cars slightly under powered for the engine it had compared to the S3 and golf R

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove about remaps and warranty ? You said that they can't find out then said that they could find out

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Your kidding me it's just a file. Your telling me you download 35k emails from Killary Clinton () but you can't get updated roads for a fair price if not for free off the tinterweb. **** me

there is quite a substantial thread on here ( http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=388586) about sat nav updates and trying to do it for free. All seems rather difficult ( If not impossible) unless you are a genius in software with far too much time on your hands. There is also the risk of bricking your nav altogether. I honestly can't be arsed (even if I was capable) to try to install an 'update' which will probably already be 6 months out of date. I'm more interested in driving the car tbh. I have eyes, I can read road signs , I have a map and a reasonable sense of direction. As for 'mapshare' , its not available in the UK.

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Revo conirm that VWG can see your car is mapped.

Just to add my two penny worth to this subject.

Revo offer the following page on the subject and below is cut and paste.

NOTE: As of 2013, the VW Group online dealer tools have the ability to see software on any modified vehicle. When a modified vehicle is plugged in online it is flagged on the system, this flag is called TD1 please read the below overview:

TD1is the VW Audi Group warranty ‘Flag’ for a vehicle that has been modified, this is something you should all be well aware of. If you’re not then please note; since the change in main dealer on-line diagnostic tools throughout 2013 performance software can and will be seen when a vehicle is plugged into online at a main dealer. This is the case even if it’s switched to ‘stock’ mode, it is possible although not confirmed that TD1 could be flagged if a vehicle has been flashed with any tool other than the OEM online system. Our recommendation to all our dealers is to make the vehicle owner aware that their warranty will be affected if they have software installed on their vehicle; this isn’t anything new as we’ve never claimed software is undetectable however prior to the new main dealer systems Revo software did tend to go unnoticed.

Bottom line main dealers CAN see your car has been updated.... However based on most feedback here the dealers don't look. But and the BIG BUT is if there is an issue (like the turbo blow up) you are not covered.

When I upgraded I was happy to take that risk and have enjoyed the car even more but I also accepted if there was an issue then I got nothing from SEAT.

Re map update and general updates to the car during service I know for sure you don't get maps updated (in the uk) but have not seen anybody saying that you get any software updates but would be happy to be proved wrong on this matter.

Therefore as many have said you take the risk.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
there is quite a substantial thread on here ( http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=388586) about sat nav updates and trying to do it for free. All seems rather difficult ( If not impossible) unless you are a genius in software with far too much time on your hands. There is also the risk of bricking your nav altogether. I honestly can't be arsed (even if I was capable) to try to install an 'update' which will probably already be 6 months out of date. I'm more interested in driving the car tbh. I have eyes, I can read road signs , I have a map and a reasonable sense of direction. As for 'mapshare' , its not available in the UK.

Will have a look into dude cheers for that.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Just to add my two penny worth to this subject.

Revo offer the following page on the subject and below is cut and paste.

NOTE: As of 2013, the VW Group online dealer tools have the ability to see software on any modified vehicle. When a modified vehicle is plugged in online it is flagged on the system, this flag is called TD1 please read the below overview:

TD1is the VW Audi Group warranty ‘Flag’ for a vehicle that has been modified, this is something you should all be well aware of. If you’re not then please note; since the change in main dealer on-line diagnostic tools throughout 2013 performance software can and will be seen when a vehicle is plugged into online at a main dealer. This is the case even if it’s switched to ‘stock’ mode, it is possible although not confirmed that TD1 could be flagged if a vehicle has been flashed with any tool other than the OEM online system. Our recommendation to all our dealers is to make the vehicle owner aware that their warranty will be affected if they have software installed on their vehicle; this isn’t anything new as we’ve never claimed software is undetectable however prior to the new main dealer systems Revo software did tend to go unnoticed.

Bottom line main dealers CAN see your car has been updated.... However based on most feedback here the dealers don't look. But and the BIG BUT is if there is an issue (like the turbo blow up) you are not covered.

When I upgraded I was happy to take that risk and have enjoyed the car even more but I also accepted if there was an issue then I got nothing from SEAT.

Re map update and general updates to the car during service I know for sure you don't get maps updated (in the uk) but have not seen anybody saying that you get any software updates but would be happy to be proved wrong on this matter.

Therefore as many have said you take the risk.

I know and completely understand, I have in other cars as well.

I'm just trying to point out to people, as I'm for ever seeing it on threads " I want to get a map but I don't want it to be detected on a service" or "it's on lease and I don't want Seat to find out"

I'm merely saying how it's not a case of your car has a black mark on it be for it goes in. In the past I've always re-stocked it. But I've been told by the same mechanic that's done my work for 6 years plus they won't find it on that map.

I can't see why he wouldn't be arsed to do it unless he was completely confident of it.

Either or it's staying on, (Bane) will probably be sold after another 2-3 years so the warranty is pretty much gone any way

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

Exactly my thoughts too, well said Andy, life is too short for all that faffing about.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I know and completely understand, I have in other cars as well.

I'm just trying to point out to people, as I'm for ever seeing it on threads " I want to get a map but I don't want it to be detected on a service" or "it's on lease and I don't want Seat to find out"

I'm merely saying how it's not a case of your car has a black mark on it be for it goes in. In the past I've always re-stocked it. But I've been told by the same mechanic that's done my work for 6 years plus they won't find it on that map.

I can't see why he wouldn't be arsed to do it unless he was completely confident of it.

Either or it's staying on, (Bane) will probably be sold after another 2-3 years so the warranty is pretty much gone any way

Previous generations weren't detectable like the MK2 for example, but the MK3 based on the MQB platform has the TD1 software detection built in when in its plugged in.

When you plug a mapped car into VCDS for example and go on the ECU bit it shows "REVO or APR".

MEZ44

Aug 7, 2016
Damn, must have some sneaky Russian friends that lied about the stock dynos, possibly not strapped down tight enough ?

On a dyno you have to assume an efficiency and a few other scaling factors. Everyone will have slightly different efficiencies and scalors added to their calculation. The best dyno isn't always the one that gives you the most power (you can multiply by an impossible efficiency or a scalper that gives you the number you want). You want the most accurate one

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.