Thought it about time for some photos

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Just got the motivation to get some shots of my new (8months ago) FR Tdi. Really just some practice shots for the JAE show in a couple of weeks.

seatleonsmall.jpg

It wasn't technically an FR+, it just happened to have the 17 fake LCR wheels, but I prefer the FR bumpers anyway, and the LCR wheels, so it was a good buy IMHO.

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Cheers guys

I am not a modder in anyway (except my cupra badge). But early next year I am going to think seriously about a remap and lowered springs, have to say its my happiest ownership of a car to date :)

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Yeah, I did think that, was torn between removing both side FR badges.

Then again, still not sure if it looks right with Cupra badges as its not technically a Cupra anymore is it.

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Only technically...
Basically I have mine badged as Cupra as I've always wanted a Leon Cupra and SEAT changed the Cupra to FR so I think its perfectly fine to change it back. ;)
There is no difference apart from some kit like 6-disc changer.

In the dealers I bought mine there was a 2005 Leon that had Cupra badging on the back with FR badges on the side and the interior wasn't the facelifted FR black+silver.It also had the older Cupra alloys. It had only delivery (5) miles on the clock, so had obviously been sitting around like the ugly sister no-one wanted all this time. Was a good price though at £12.5k and they would have put on the newer wheels if I wanted it.

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
I guess really, it should be badged "either" cupra or FR then, but by badging it Cupra I am not pretending its something its not.

If I was to put R badges then i would, but everyone would know when I soot them that its not a R LOL!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.