thoughts on new 170 CR FR...?

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
spoke to seat dealer in middlesbrough last week about leasing a new Leon Fr 170 TDi.
asked him to include the addition of a K1 body kit with centre exit exhaust.
he priced the car at £20100 with DSG box. and said they supply and fit the K1 kit with either centre or twin exit exhaust for £2k...

so basically with a £6k deposit they wanted £209/month for the lease deal over 36 months.

seemed like a good deal to me.

only options i added were 18" black wheels (possibly orions?)

has anyone got a DSG Fr and how do they find it?
i have an Audi A6 avant tdi quattro tiptronic at present with steering wheel buttons for gear changes - hence my desire to get a DSg...

cheers

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I think there have been a few DP issues, but can't recall whether they have been with the PD cars of the new CR cars (or both).

There is a thread on here somewhere with some info on it (prob. in the diesel section).

Other than that mostly good.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Not seen a review of a DSG only manual FR TDi so hard to comment, manual is a corker for a derv smooth and refined but lacks the PD surge you use to get more tractable but also better off boost with less lag.

K1 bodykit will look nice especially white with black Orion wheels. It will look prety much the same as a K1 :)

DPF issues on the VAG CR 170 TDi do seem to have been reduced CR do burn cleaner than PD units so I think that has helped.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You need to add the bluetooth option mate, it's a must as you get the bigger display on the dash and an options menu for the convenience module.

The Ipod dock is a bit pants TBH.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
You need to add the bluetooth option mate, it's a must as you get the bigger display on the dash and an options menu for the convenience module.

The Ipod dock is a bit pants TBH.

The new FL models come with the bigger display on the dash Nath, the same one that is featured on the new FL VW's like the Golf and the Scirocco :)

Here is also a picture of a FL TDI Leon with the BTCC and black wheels, I think they are the Orions :)

22092009086.jpg

Danny.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^OK :think: I sat in a facelift one at my local dealers whilst I was getting some warranty work done and it didn't have the large MFD :shrug:

I think it was a low spec model though

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
^^^^OK :think: I sat in a facelift one at my local dealers whilst I was getting some warranty work done and it didn't have the large MFD :shrug:

Yeah, I haven't sat in any other then the FR, my local dealership had this one and a Blue one , the blue one had bluetooth but the white one didn't as the only options it had were the BTCC kit, black wheels, black roof and was up for £20,500 so maybe only the Sport, FR and Cupra have the bigger MFD?

Danny.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

All FL with Euro V compliant engines with gear indicator have the larger MFD so that is the Leon Cupra, FR TSi/TDi and Ecomotive. Rest have the smaller display I believe unless as you say bluetooth is specified.

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
All FL with Euro V compliant engines with gear indicator have the larger MFD so that is the Leon Cupra, FR TSi/TDi and Ecomotive. Rest have the smaller display I believe unless as you say bluetooth is specified.

Right-o...so that means the new FR will have a nice large MFD, cool.
dealer told me there is around a 12 week minimum build time so if i ordered now he said to hang fire until march to get it registered and it woudl be a 10 reg...

the white, k1 kit and black orions looks great imho. and the black roof adds to it and makes it betterer...:D

do you spec black roof from new or is it generally vinyl wrapped?

good answers lads, im 'chomping at the bit now'

the dealer in boro has a 170 manual leaon to try and also a 'other' dsg car.
ive not driven dsg but it cant be much different to my audi 5 sp tiptronic, only better id say.

I've not driven a Tiptronic but I have a pre-facelift FR TFSI DSG and love it to bits. Makes stop-start traffic more bearable and a lot of fun for spirited overtaking using the flappy paddles (or just stick it in S mode...). ;)

chris@lworth

Hello guys.

The DSG is so much faster, smoother and realiable than the Tiptonic gear box. I have driven and tracked most of the cars with a range of different gear boxes and I got to say the DSG is amazing.

However you won't come across the DSG 170 CR for sometime as its so new. It'll not land for alittle while yet. I heard from a close contact at Seat HQ about 2 weeks ago they're only around 12-15 FL FR DSG Petrols in the Country at the moment and that one has been in the price lists for around 6 months.

I would have a run in the Ibiza FR, Cupra or Boc to get a feel for the gear box then jump in an FR CR to try that.! I have noticed that once the FR CR has run in its a competely different car. At first its not quiet as punchy of the PD FR however after a couple of 1000miles its much better.! (I also have tracked one of these). I have all the cars in stock tho if you ever fancy a run, although I'm a million miles away from Boro!!

Strangley I have had one of my members of staff today have someone call about our Revo who has an Audi like yours?!?! If it is you did he help you enough?!?! I hope so.!

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
Hello guys.

The DSG is so much faster, smoother and realiable than the Tiptonic gear box. I have driven and tracked most of the cars with a range of different gear boxes and I got to say the DSG is amazing.

However you won't come across the DSG 170 CR for sometime as its so new. It'll not land for alittle while yet. I heard from a close contact at Seat HQ about 2 weeks ago they're only around 12-15 FL FR DSG Petrols in the Country at the moment and that one has been in the price lists for around 6 months.

I would have a run in the Ibiza FR, Cupra or Boc to get a feel for the gear box then jump in an FR CR to try that.! I have noticed that once the FR CR has run in its a competely different car. At first its not quiet as punchy of the PD FR however after a couple of 1000miles its much better.! (I also have tracked one of these). I have all the cars in stock tho if you ever fancy a run, although I'm a million miles away from Boro!!

Strangley I have had one of my members of staff today have someone call about our Revo who has an Audi like yours?!?! If it is you did he help you enough?!?! I hope so.!

Interesting reading Chris, and also after reading the true delivery times i get the feeling that if i order this car it will be at least march '10 before i take delivery. possibly later.

that timescale woudl suit me down to the ground really but id hate to order a car and have the delivery drag on and on, id end up hating the car before i got it.

DSG sounds perfect for me though.

need to talk to my local dealer now in detail.
i wonder how much deposit he'd want up front? what do you work on chris on say a candy white FR DSG with K1 kit and convenience pack...how much would yo need to create the order ?

cheers

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Dealer will expect a £500 deposit.

All in you are looking at £20320 for the car and options then another 2K for the bodykit so £22320. The black Orion 18"wheels are another £500.

You should be able to get about 2K off that price with the right dealer as only a few will budge on price. We got 2K off of our FR TDi with www.seatcarsdirect.co.uk (M1 Auto's London) so far the service has been very good from them. My local dealer would not budge on price so did some ringing around for the best price.

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
Dealer will expect a £500 deposit.

All in you are looking at £20320 for the car and options then another 2K for the bodykit so £22320. The black Orion 18"wheels are another £500.

You should be able to get about 2K off that price with the right dealer as only a few will budge on price. We got 2K off of our FR TDi with (URL deleted from this post as i only have a few posts) (M1 Auto's London) so far the service has been very good from them. My local dealer would not budge on price so did some ringing around for the best price.

£500 deposit i could live with. id not be happy giving my £3k deposit or similar over to them and then having to wait 4 months, but £500 is fine.

that web link was useful, much cheaper on there but not listing a DSG FR yet....
i contacted them
also it may be more difficult for them to supply with K1 kit? ive asked anyway, so we'll see what they come back with.

cheers everyone!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
£500 deposit i could live with. id not be happy giving my £3k deposit or similar over to them and then having to wait 4 months, but £500 is fine.

that web link was useful, much cheaper on there but not listing a DSG FR yet....
i contacted them
also it may be more difficult for them to supply with K1 kit? ive asked anyway, so we'll see what they come back with.

cheers everyone!

I am sure they will do a good price on the FR DSG if you have no luck ring direct and ask to speak to Colin King. The K1 kit is dealer fit so will not be a problem as they are a main dealer and offer usual main dealer services ie Seat Finance ect.

chris@lworth

Hey chaps.!

M1 Autos are alright actually. I deal with the owner from time to time and everything has always gone well. As for the £2k off that unfortunetly isn't very realistic now as dealer margin is Max 7% on those therefore you would get a 5-6% discount at the most.! As the dealers still have to pay pdi, clean, fuel & then pay to actually open thier doors.! I can do a K1 kit for under £2k but one thing to bare in mind is that it would be subject to the VAT increase also the future value of your car. Alot of dealers will try and rob you on ur px to play it safe.! Get something in writing about the future value been protected or for them to re-value it nearer time!

Also regarding the delivery it would be around beginning of March to end of April.! Long wait but the DSG CR FR will be worth it.! I also think the RV of the car will be very good aswell. If you need any help tho email me on the link below as it comes straight to my iPhone on a differed address.

Best of luck.!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Hey chaps.!

M1 Autos are alright actually. I deal with the owner from time to time and everything has always gone well. As for the £2k off that unfortunetly isn't very realistic now as dealer margin is Max 7% on those therefore you would get a 5-6% discount at the most.! As the dealers still have to pay pdi, clean, fuel & then pay to actually open thier doors.! I can do a K1 kit for under £2k but one thing to bare in mind is that it would be subject to the VAT increase also the future value of your car. Alot of dealers will try and rob you on ur px to play it safe.! Get something in writing about the future value been protected or for them to re-value it nearer time!

Also regarding the delivery it would be around beginning of March to end of April.! Long wait but the DSG CR FR will be worth it.! I also think the RV of the car will be very good aswell. If you need any help tho email me on the link below as it comes straight to my iPhone on a differed address.

Best of luck.!

seatcarsdirect website quote discounts of about 10% across the range and on our order we got a 2K or 10% discount overall for the car including options so was £20255 and we paid £18255.

I always sell the PX as a seperate entity either privatley or through a trader/broker to maximise resale value but you points are valid and intrigued by the 7% margin. I know BMW are down to about 9-10% and Seat use to be around 10% so we got a very good deal!!

chris@lworth

seatcarsdirect website quote discounts of about 10% across the range and on our order we got a 2K or 10% discount overall for the car including options so was £20255 and we paid £18255.

I always sell the PX as a seperate entity either privatley or through a trader/broker to maximise resale value but you points are valid and intrigued by the 7% margin. I know BMW are down to about 9-10% and Seat use to be around 10% so we got a very good deal!!

The car you purchased must be a pre-reg vehicle then as all Seat Dealers only get 7% across the chassis as do most dealers (Alfa, Ford, Mazda...) I'd be suprised if BMW has such a large margin as the cost of their cars are much more expensive this mean that the same percentage has a much higher value compared to other manafactures.

They are amazing car though so I am sure that you would love it.! I have just been made aware aswell that I actually should be receiving a few Leon CR FR DSG's in Feb / March. This was a suprise as I knew that the Petrols were SOOOOOOO delayed :(

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The car you purchased must be a pre-reg vehicle then as all Seat Dealers only get 7% across the chassis as do most dealers (Alfa, Ford, Mazda...) I'd be suprised if BMW has such a large margin as the cost of their cars are much more expensive this mean that the same percentage has a much higher value compared to other manafactures.

They are amazing car though so I am sure that you would love it.! I have just been made aware aswell that I actually should be receiving a few Leon CR FR DSG's in Feb / March. This was a suprise as I knew that the Petrols were SOOOOOOO delayed :(

Nope it is not a pre reg I shall be the first registered keeper was through M1 autos www.seatcarsdirect.co.uk. BMW you could get up to 13% and some of the bigger dealers get hefty payouts for meeting targets so factor that into the available discount, fleet discount if you like. Although BMW hasve clamped down on brokers and fleet discounts to private buyers.

It is a fab car for what it is and excellent value and tht is the Leon's real strength. Yes the build quality is a little low in places interior wise but as an overall package very fun to drive and excellent value for money.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members