Thoughts on this car

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Looks nice, the replaced parts may suggest it's been driven fairly hard for 67K miles or the remap has had an adverse affect on these parts.

Worth a look I would suggest if that's what your after.

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
the replacement parts would put me off tbh. price is ok but if your patient you can get a mint one i waited a few months and i got my 04 plate for 6400 it only had 35000 on the clock

Looks nice, the replaced parts may suggest it's been driven fairly hard for 67K miles or the remap has had an adverse affect on these parts.

Worth a look I would suggest if that's what your after.

Also it's had two new wheels so may have met a curb rather hard at some point in its life....does look clean although as above those replacement parts hint at a hard life....

mackers_89

Its not a bad looking motor to be honest. I would be inclined to great rid of the window tints. Too much black there for my liking.

mackers_89

the only way really to tell is a test drive. when i first started driving i got a Mk3 Golf 1.9td. My uncle who is a mechanic came with me to look at it. there was a 114,000 miles on it already. i never test drived it but he did. She is still going today with 150,000 on her in 2 and bit years.

Says alot about mechanics and cars being test driven!

forever

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
TBH, it a fair bit under what I was looking to pay, was going for a low mile 05/55 plate car, but this one is close, and i have not found anything else that people dont want too much cash for :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Can't drive very well with "3-tone" of polish on it :cartman:

N/S headlight is not aligned corectly, it bolts to the front panel so could indicate a knock to the front before.

Not bad money tho :)

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
hmmm 67k on a ko4? overly agressive remap?

better cars can be had for that money, key i found with buying cars is not to buy in impulse,

Asking on here shows you have doubts, Even the slightest doubt walk away to be hoonest,

a good way to judge how a cars been driven is to check between 12 and 2 o-clock on the steering wheel it'll show whether the cars been driven one handed sprinning with the palm of the hand, its not 1oo% but give some indication,

Deleted member 43482

This is a CAT D mate, looked at it myself, stay away!

Deleted member 43482

Had my doubts about it with the things that had "failed" on it. did a hpi check and it was cat D. Told the chao who was selling it and he said he didnt know and offered it to me for a grand less....

midgetgem

Jul 20, 2006
Carlisle
This is a CAT D mate, looked at it myself, stay away!

A cat d isn't always a bad ting, if your looking to keep a car for a while, or until it's worth nowt, and it has been repaired to a high standard then they can be a bit of a bargain. Unfortunatley this on looks a bit rough so i would stay away!

forever

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
Hi Rocky, I would agree with you and in the past i have take a plane to scotland for the right car and price, just having a two year old and a new baby means it a bit difficult at the moment, i guess the search continues

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.