Time for a new car

harmonicandy

Nov 30, 2021
Hi everyone,
Just about to change job so the company car (XC40 Hybrid) is going back and I won't be sad to see it go. We both really miss my wife's supercharged V6 F-Pace that the Volvo replaced and want to get a fun family wagon again.
Going to look at a Leon Cupra ST 300 4Drive at the weekend. Need to see if it's big enough in the back for two rapidly growing teenagers.

Reactions: Syphon

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi everyone,
Just about to change job so the company car (XC40 Hybrid) is going back and I won't be sad to see it go. We both really miss my wife's supercharged V6 F-Pace that the Volvo replaced and want to get a fun family wagon again.
Going to look at a Leon Cupra ST 300 4Drive at the weekend. Need to see if it's big enough in the back for two rapidly growing teenagers.
Welcome!

Absolutely loved my 2 ST's. The 280 FWD was a bit more fun to drive off of the forecourt, but the 300 4Drive is just effortlessly capable. You may miss the Supercharger whine of the V6 (assuming Jag didn't mute it), but not much else with the 300...

Reactions: harmonicandy

harmonicandy

Nov 30, 2021
273CA941-C699-4C71-AA4A-D6B08BE95972.jpeg

Just put a deposit down on this 2017 300 4drive. Is there a way to kill the fake engine noise?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
View attachment 28704
Just put a deposit down on this 2017 300 4drive. Is there a way to kill the fake engine noise?
Number of ways to do it.

VCDS Software and special cable. Software is free, genuine cable is £100+ but gives you access to all sorts. Not quite dealer level ODIS, but very good.

OBD Eleven, bluetooth dongle and phone. This is about £50 and if you go Pro gives similar abilities to above, but also "apps" that do things for you, like sound actuator.

Carista, cheapest option, £20 for a dongle and you get like a week free. But there are warnings about fiddling with certain things messing settings up on the car.

Or finally fine someone on the forum with either VCDS or OBD11 who is local and willing to do it for some beers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members