Time to put the LCR to bed????????

damnsexydread

Hi All

I have had my Cupra R for about two years now and loved every minute of it as you all will appreciate (besides a couple of engine light problems).

Now my beloved LCR 225 has hit 94,000 miles and I'm starting to get wary of how much longer it will last.

Whats your opinions? How far do you think these engines will go? Should I finally put her to bed and move on?

HEEELLLLPPP??? lol

turbin

treat it well and smart with service and think about temperature these engines will last 250 000km +

damnsexydread

I'm ashamed to say I haven't treated her that well. Well I thought I did until I saw everyones rides and thought WOW!!!

I'm planning on servicing her next week and then getting to work on improving the engine bay. Just wasn't sure if I was throwing good moneyafter bad.

But after looking at the current market of cars, I can honestly say that I can;t find any that have the power and appeal of the LCR

Thanks for the comments.....I think I may just risk it

damnsexydread

Ah will do!!

Thanks for all the tips guys? Any parts that I should think about changing?

my LC is on 70k which I know is a bit less than you but it feels better than when it was new. HAs had a stage 1 remap for nearly 35k miles too. I look after it well and pay special attention to warm up and cool down. That plus regular servicing with quality oil means I think it should easily do 150k +

Sorry to hijack, but just wanted to clarify - so you mean not to even pull off until the temp is within threshold, or do you mean not move into the high rev range. I tend to let mine run a bit before setting off, but just wondering really.

I don't bother to let it idle before setting off. However I NEVER go above 3k revs until everything is up to temperature. I also don't use full throttle during that time. Maybe slight overkill but my engine is in perfect nick! :)

turbin

Sorry to hijack, but just wanted to clarify - so you mean not to even pull off until the temp is within threshold, or do you mean not move into the high rev range. I tend to let mine run a bit before setting off, but just wondering really.

nah, just use common sense. Don't push the engine before its warm. Easy.

PHIL LCR

Aug 27, 2009
Herts
I don't bother to let it idle before setting off. However I NEVER go above 3k revs until everything is up to temperature. I also don't use full throttle during that time. Maybe slight overkill but my engine is in perfect nick! :)

I let mine idle for about 3 or 4 minutes and as mentioned don't give it too much right foot until the temp's reached 90. I always give it a couple of minutes after driving before I shut the engine down.

l3on20vt

my lc is on 134000 miles and touch wood it running fine just like above few pipe leaks and ball joints and anti roll bars. but other than that service her and hear something wrong dnt miss it find out what it is and fix it lol and she will be fine

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Keep it well oiled and watered make sure the cambelt and water pump are done and you will have many miles of motoring,

only thing I know of is the oil pick up pipe can block up on cars over 100k if they are not run on good quality oil, and well serviced every 10 k

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Sorry to interrupt, I just thought I'd mention that letting the temp reach 90 is all fine and dandy, but it wasn't until I got my oil temp gauge that I realised how long it takes the engine to heat up. Just because the water temp is 90 doesn't mean it's warm, there's more of a delay than I'd thought. I won't even let mine boost + before the oil's over at least 80
Anyway, as you were...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise