Toledo Mk1 110kw elec windows

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Elec window problem. I can not open the front passenger side window, all the other windows work.
If i try to open the window and then try any other window i still have to wait a few seconds because it thinks it is still in the process of opening the passenger window. Any ideas on what this might be.
Thanks

dingsdale

Have you tried using the switch on the passenger door, and the switch on the drivers door? The rear window on mine didnt work when i bought it, but opened with the switch on the drivers door. Was just a switch, cost about £4

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
I only have switches on the dash board and on the back doors, none on the front passenger side but will check the switch anyway. Thanks

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Have found out the motor works and so does the switch. Have been told it might be the relay, could this be it ? if so which one is it ? i have no idea, anybody !!!! Thanks

Last edited:

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Part no 1L0 959 875 A

Have found the part with this number, believe it might be an ecu, its the one under the back seat that makes the noises when you press the widow button, looking at everything else do ya think this might be it ? (Part no 1L0 959 875 A)

hesky

Hi kiearn, did you ever get to the bottom of this?? my passenger side elec window hasn’t worked for a long time, motor is fine and dash switch is also fine. I’ve pulled out the little relay box under the rear seat but to be honest I'm not sure how I could check it, if I has a wiring diagram or references for the pin outs on the unit I would be sorted.
Anyone have a wiring diagram of the electric window circuit??

Cheers :)

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
HI, found out that one of the spade connections had badly corroded on a connection block. It was located just inside the chasis of the car, had to pull the door jamb out and pull the cables up to get to it. Removed the cable/blade connectors from the block and connected up to a new blade connector and works fine. Had to use a volt meter between the window ecu/relay type thing under the back passenger seat and the connection block in the door to finally trace it to the block in the chasis. I would check the two connection blocks next. Use vagcat.com for diagrams ps. sorry its sooooo looong

Last edited:

hesky

Hi kiearn, thanks a lot for the response! this is great help.

I found the wiring loom diagram on vagcat for the electric windows and noticed it has its own fuse housing (item 16,17,18) I cant seem to locate this in my car, any idea where in can be found? I need to check the fuse because while probing around I managed to short the power supply to the control box and now all windows no longer work and I cant hear the relays clicking away. not having much luck at the moment to be honest :(

972400yd5.png

Cheers

Edit: I found the electric window fuse holder, its located on top of the main fuse holder relay and well hidden! the diagram also doesn’t really help to give you an idea of its location, well anyway i did blow the fuse and with a new one all windows bar the front passenger one are working again.
So kiearn it wasn’t the connecting block that is behind the door card that was corroded, its actually along the chassis somewhere??

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Where the cable runs out of the door via the door jamb and runs into the chasis there is another connecting block, try this, this was where mine was corroded.

hesky

Hi kiearn!
I now have 4 working electric windows :D
I managed to find the plug which was located just inside the chassis where the front passenger door bolts to. It was actually fine, no corrosion but couldn’t get continuity between that plug and the little 2 pin plug that connects to the window motor. Basically a single wire had completely broke, insulation as well :blink: rewired and working fine now.

Thanks for the help buddy, couldn’t have done it without ya!

Cheers

godzuki

Mk2 cupra & golf mk2 20vt
Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi!
Interesting thread this!
Just bought a P reg toledo TDI and the drivers window does not work along with the door speaker.
Wondering if it could be the motor as i can hear a click from the rear of the car when i press the switch. Had the door card off but could not get the motor off the mech so i've left it for now.
Is there anything i should check 1st before ripping the whole lot out????
Just thought it funny the speaker was also off when all the other windows/speakers are ok and it might be a wire or a connection at fault not the motor after all.
any input would be helpfull :)

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Hi, i would check all the above listed things but mainly the connection block just inside the chasis beside the door jamb.

godzuki

Mk2 cupra & golf mk2 20vt
Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi, i would check all the above listed things but mainly the connection block just inside the chasis beside the door jamb.

Right, having got home from work and have a little more time on my hands i had another look at this;
Punt the door card back on then pulled the door jamb out,stuck finger in and wiggled it about whilst pressing the window switch :cartman:
Hey presto! window works!!!!!!!!!! well only with finger pushing up on the wires :(
Obviously this means a broken wire or a bad connection(it seems to be the upper wires that do something), i can't seem to pull the wires out or get to them from the inside (without removing the dash etc..)
I don't want to pull them too hard so is there a better/easier way around getting to them to sort this out????

Big thanks for this thread mind :D its been a great help to me (and might help others in the future)

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Down inside the chasis there is a connection block, could be this. Pull up on it and it will come up, although it could just be a worn wire.

chuckie888

Mine had same problem :

If you can hear a click from the relay when you press the button then it usually the wire from chassis to door.

The relay is under the carpet under the n/s rear seats.

To check the switch, subsitute it with a known working one!

To check the motor, remove door panel trim, unplug and connect to a 12V source.

If above work, then it is a broken wire. If this is the case, several others will usually be on their way out too. It's a fiddly job though as I could get at them from inside the car so had to solder onto short bits!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.