TomTom Prep

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Hi did anyone go for a tomtom prep??

If so any chance of a description or pic?

I was imagining a dash mounted cradle but i've been told the cradle is extra so if all i'm paying for is an extra plug socket then I may cancel cause I'm sure I could route a power lead out of sight?? Then not limited to tomtom??

What have others done for nav's?? do any of the Leon factory units fit??

Cheers

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Its an extra on the dash and you can clip different cradles in. Apparently they will be making cradles for other makes but as of now there are only two different tomtom types catered for.
I have ordered one for mine and will have to get the cradle separately as I already have a tomtom one its ideal.

If you go on the Ibiza owners club website (google it as its banned on here). In the forums under the MK5 section there is a category for option extra’s. There are some good pics in there.

Here is a download link for the pics of the doc:
http://rapidshare.com/files/315178048/TomTom_Pics.zip

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Mine is coming just before the new plate (Jan/Feb). Not really that happy about it as its just too early for my insurance so will lose my 5th year as my current company won’t cover it :( I'd found a decent personalized plate too!! Can't have a "10" plate unless the car is registered after march.

The tomtom one is pretty good. I've been happy with mine. Look on ebay you can pick them up for pretty cheap.

Last edited:

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Is there no way you can delay them a little maybe?

I'll have a nosey on the bay later, does the One come with euro maps? mostly France really?? If it don't are they updatable? Sorry 101 questions....

What have you ordered?? Boc in white? just guessing from your avatar...

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Well i could ask but not sure if i'd be happy with them keeping it in the show room for randoms to put their sticky fingers all over :)

i don’t think they come with Euro maps but you can load them on. It can link to you phone for up to date traffic news and alternate route's etc. Also if its always on your dash it would be worth getting the speed camera database on there. I like the fact you can get your GPS speed as well.

I’ve ordered a Candy Boc with Racing breaks, Xenons, Convenience Pack and TomTom Prep. Can’t WAIT!!

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
randoms to put their sticky fingers all over :)
Ahh yes there is that....doesn't bear thinking about. How long were you quoted for delivery? Thats a very nice spec you have there - I'm going for a cupra, in white zenons, conv pack & tomtom now ;) It was a hard sell on the misus as she aint keen on white at all but I love it.

I'm hoping to sell off some of me old golf bits which may well pick up the tab for a tomtom...

handyandy

HandyAndy
Oct 14, 2009
Crewe
Hi Mardon,
Ive seen several mentions of another forum "Ibiza owners club" but have never managed to find it!!!
Any more clues would be useful - why is it banned on here???

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Well I ordered 10th of September and got told Jan. When I ring back to try and get a build week they say someone will ring be back.. but they never do. They've had my 1k deposit so they're happy.

Managed to get a very good deal on the Boc so added the seat sport breaks :)

White is gorgeous. My sister has a candy white Polo and as long as you keep it clean its a real head turner.

I already have a mod list for it so need to save. Coilovers, black roof and spoiler (saw on an S3 sport back the other day and looks lovely) and clear vinyl front to protect from stone chips. Oh and some side skirts for good measure :)

Re the "other" Ibiza OC I think there was a certain member on here that got banned and started his own. Not 100% on what happened so don’t really want to speculate. Type in "IBIZA OC (without the space between the two words) Forum" and its the third result down on google. Its no where near as busy as on here but there is some good info on the optional extras on the mk5. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
spikeydoo. With regards to your other questions over PM i've not driven the Cupra but have driven the FR. The suspension on my current Ibiza Cupra TDI is rock hard. The new one is supposed to be much more refined. I dont think you'll have a problem.

There are quite a few cupra/boc owners on here who will let you know about the ride quality.