Tow Bar Compartment

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
Hi All If you have a V1 or V2 Have you looked under your rear bumper! Where the swing down tow bar storage area is, I would have thought, if you haven't opted for the optional Tow Bar, this large hole would have had a cover on it! but not on mine, and as the next door cat likes sitting under my car, it might have found this large opening and popped in for a sleep, and gone on a journey with me. So I have blocked up this large opening with an old large number plate! so no wee furry animals will be able to hide in there. But come on Cupra, this hole should have a cover over it if you don't have the tow bar fitted! It might be different in other Formentor models, with a different rear defuser?

Bill

Attachments

• image0 (12).jpeg
    image0 (12).jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 230

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My VZ2 is exactly the same.

This is exactly the same as previous models. It is a long standing this with SEAT.

My wife’s 69 plate Leon FR black has exactly the same hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Yep, it's a SEAT thing; our 2018 Leon ST is the same. Think of it as a weight saving exercise;)

Reactions: Peyton

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
I think its a brilliant idea. The best towbar design I have come across. Press the button, tiw bar drops down and lock into place. Reverse to put it back.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.