Tuning Decisions

hixxs

Hi I’m probably asking things that have already been covered numerous times, and I apologies as I’m new fish! But can somebody please help me with some decisions I have to make?

I bought a FR 150 in Jan, and I love it, I’m going to get it remapped soon, and I couldn’t help thinking if there is anything I can do to help the engine. Could somebody help me with the following?

Which would be the better air filter to buy K&N, or Green? Or is there something out there that’s better suited?

Is it possible on my car to add vents in the wheel arch to help air flow through the intercooler? Is it worth it?

And can somebody explain to me how using silicon grease helps the MAF contacts, or is this a bad idea?

Thanks
:confused:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
hi

not a lot of point in putting vents in your arch liner, you've got a front mount intercooler already - so the vents aren't required

hixxs

Thanks mOrk
Why is it then I've heard of people doing this? was there a problem with the intercooler position on other models?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
1.8T Cupra/FR have side mounted intercoolers, but I don't think venting it makes any difference - but it gives people something to do for a day

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Hi I’m probably asking things that have already been covered numerous times, and I apologies as I’m new fish! But can somebody please help me with some decisions I have to make?

I bought a FR 150 in Jan, and I love it, I’m going to get it remapped soon, and I couldn’t help thinking if there is anything I can do to help the engine. Could somebody help me with the following?

Which would be the better air filter to buy K&N, or Green? Or is there something out there that’s better suited?

Is it possible on my car to add vents in the wheel arch to help air flow through the intercooler? Is it worth it?

And can somebody explain to me how using silicon grease helps the MAF contacts, or is this a bad idea?

Thanks

A green panel filter is a popular choice with diesel people but it will make little if any gain to a remap just add a bit of induction noise. If you want to help the engine breath you need to remove or replace the stock exhaust backbox with a free flow type. Removing the cat will do nothing for power either before you ask. If you do a search on silicon grease there is a big thread all about the stuff and how it helps the MAF. :)

hixxs

Thanks devonmikeyboy
I will search for the threads.

Out of curiosity does anybody have a problem with 'squeeky' inside door handles when they are squeezed? or again 'squeeky' noise from the central vent/airbag area?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Seat`s are not the best screwed together car on the market. Alot of people on site mention about squeeks and rattles in their cars, saying that i had an Ibiza 2004 PD130 and a 2005 PD Cupra both of which i never had any problems with.