Turbo Hose for 210/225 Engines

Wak

Jul 29, 2004
www.wak-tt.com
Chaps,
Myself and "Feel" have had a problem, both at about 60k miles where the main Turbo outlet pipe has failed.
In my case little boost pressure was lost but I got a strong smell of oil when stopping and idleing.

It was irregular enough for me to always assume It was coming from the car in front and vapour enough to assume it was a normal smell in a car park.

It was after I noticed Oil Vapour in my engine bay I thought I had blown a Turbo seal or something!

Turns out it was the one main pipe never catered for aftermarket because the supplied pipe is silicone and around £80 from Audi.
DSCN1072.JPG

DSCN1085.JPG

DSCN1084_small.JPG
DSCN1081_small.JPG

Well I spoke to Forge at Xmas and they have been working on an upgrade to provide a stronger more resilient pipe, FEEL provided them with a hose to template from.

The new hose is made of "Flourosilicone" which it needs to be to be resilient to oil and has a stronger weaving than a standard silicone.

It only comes in one colour as that is the colour of the flourosilicone, it should be slightly longer than the oem to allow for those aftermarket chargepipes you may want to fit.

Forge are currently running through final testing for fit and pressure and I hope to see them available in a week or so. I'll let you know when they are ready, they should be around £49+vat.

Its a great alternative to an Audi pipe in both price and quality, keep an eye on this pipe or consider this as an precautionary upgrade.

Updates when I have more information.... hopefully by the end of the week but its on Forges website already.

forge_cp2.jpg
forge_cp1.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Forge / Siliconhoses.com were going to do one last I heard

Might be worth a call to request they do it quickly

edit: then I read all your post....... doh

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
I assume it'd be worth while getting one of these to replace the standard hose if you're replacing the charge pipe?

Having mine polished atm so when it comes back I might as well replace this as well I guess.

Pete

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I would say it's worth it for peace of mind - both Wak and I had the stock pipe split at 56,000 miles (IIRC). Probably started splitting before then but became noticable at that mileage. Depends if you're going to do that mileage.

I'd would've thought it would smarten up the engine bay a treat, although if you've got a tock pipe chromed you may well have to trim the Forge hose (because of the turbo silencer bulge). Not 100% sure as mine hasn't landed yet.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Chaps, Forge posted on the TT Forum that they'd got them in stock, and mine arrived the other day.

It's a really nice bit of kit, really good quality and much thicker/more robust than the OE one.

I'll try and get it on tomorrow - I've seen pictures of the first one fitted to a TT and it seems to fit really well, but I'll try it on both the stock pipe and one of mine.

Last edited:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
It's on - not at easy as I'd thought:

Charge pipe off, DV out of the way (probably strut brace off if you've got one, don't know, I haven't) need one of the bendy hose clamp driver things. New pipe on, drop the charge pipe in and align it all up (The Forge one does such a good job of "gripping" the charge pipe/turbo outlet, that it's a bugger to twist around to get it lined up perfectly), tighten up and done.

Forge hose fits nicely on both the stock pipe and mine, grips really well on mine (down to the hose material as much as anything I think).

The Forge is no longer than the stock one, the bend in it seems less tight.

Turbo%20Outlet%20Hose.JPG

Not been out yet.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Just curious Guys, (Forge) I bought the replacement hose off you guys about 3 months ago, and this week, out of the blue you sent me a replacement, putting it down to constant development.

Is there anything wrong with the one i originally purchased ie is the change over required.

Thanks

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I hope it's nothing major - I wonder if they're putting a groove in the end that goes on the turbo to hold the hose clamp when fitting it...

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Empi5 said:
I will take some pics of the new one tonight for you to compare

Did you get a chance to take any piccies mate?

Are yoy feeling brave enough to do the swap over yourself?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.