Upgrading the Big 3! (finally) Where are they under the bonnet??

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Hey there, I've finally got some spare cash to upgrade the power cables under the bonnet from the stock (8 gauge I think) to 0Gauge. But I really don't feel like paying for someone to do a simple sounding job. I need to change the Chassis to battery -ve (found that one) Alternator to battery +ve and engine ground to chassis. I had a quick look and can't exactly find where the cables are. Mine's a 1.2 if this helps.

Thanks in advance
Will

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Thanks matey. Bump on this thread on info of where the cable from the alternator is?
If anyone could post an pic up of where these cables are would be a great help!

roccotune

Jun 2, 2008
interesting idea, can i just ask - is this just to reduce losses? What are the benefits?

thanks

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Its mainly just to keep the current up, as I'm running 0 gauge to the amp from the battery, all cables going to the battery which ar the big3 are only 8 gauge, so it's seriously restricting current that could easily go through on a bigger cable. everyone ive talked to who has had this done has seen a noticeable improvement, and it's healthier for the alternator and battery etc. so in the end, it'll allow me to play at louder volumes without such a big drop in voltage.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2008
Kent
monthly bump, does anyone have a picture of where these cables are? Really want to get it done as soon as