valeo aero wiper blades

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi all
No questions for once just some useful info, as i searched the forum and found nothing on these babies.
Was looking at upgrading my front wipers for the vag aero wipers when i found this website offering these wipers £25 delivered to my front door and so easy to put on 2mins max but the best bit they look and perform mint.
http://www.wiperblades.co.uk

Valeo - UM621

Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 18"

Valeo - UM661

Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 21"

Dont know if you want to make this a sticky but i can highly recommend them

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Have you tried any yet. I tried some which were designed for the Renault Senic and they kept jumping off my windscreen. Anyone know if these are better.

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
won some of these of ebay for £15 quid come today but not had chance to fit them yet look quite good
will post results later
thanks for the site tho m8 it they are any good i will be buying mine of there as i have waited nearly a month for these wipers to turn up

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
Nice one, I've been looking for something like for ages.

Presumably they just fit onto the existing arms?

As per the other posts:

1. are yours still working OK?
2. do they have/need "spoilers"?

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
Cool might order some of these up on pay day.
don't bother if u have a leon m8 they don't fit just tried to fit mine
they go on easy click and ya done but if u have the angled wiper on the passenger side they hit the plastic covering:( because of the way the arm is bent
shame really they do wipe the widow screen quit good
does anyone want to buy them £15 lol:)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
try removing the end cap and cutting the blade by an inch so it doesnt foul
then replace the cap

GazM

Aug 5, 2006
Leicester
I have a pair on my Leon that I got off Ebay and they fit ok. They also work really well, no juddering at all and really quiet, even when the screen is hardly wet.

I thought they were 21" and 19" though I didn't measure them.

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
follow up

Hi all
soz i didnt follow it up only just finished work

Yeh these wipers are just like the bosch / vag aero wiper blades, mine fitted perfect and wipe mint not catching the side of the window at all, 18" passenger side and 21" for drivers side
It rained today so it was the first test other than using the windscreen washer and they worked brill I carnt rate them enough.
hope this helps

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
I have a pair on my Leon that I got off Ebay and they fit ok. They also work really well, no juddering at all and really quiet, even when the screen is hardly wet.

I thought they were 21" and 19" though I didn't measure them.
do u have any pics they hit the plastic on my motor i have one 18" and the other is 21"
wiper1.jpg

wiper2.jpg

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
The problem I had when i tried a set of these was that ever now and again the drivers blade would lift off the screen. For the first couple of weeks they were perfect, and I didn't have any problems. After about two months it got so bad it became dangerous. So I replaced them with a normal set of blades and everything was fine.

The ones I tried were Boosch I think. I would be intested to know if these ones are any better. Like I said it took a few months though before I saw the problem.

GazM

Aug 5, 2006
Leicester
do u have any pics they hit the plastic on my motor i have one 18" and the other is 21"

Stupid question time now, so feel free to reply with a sarcy answer if you want :p

Is it just the passenger side you have problems with? Which side do you have the 21" blade on?

GazM

Aug 5, 2006
Leicester
I've just been outside to have a look at mine and they look like they sit higher up the windscreen than yours Beowulf.
I have about 1.5" between the blade and the plastic trim yours is fouling on. If it were lower it would definately be in the way.

It might be worth taking the arm off and moving it round a spline or two to get it out of the way if you want to stick with the aero blades.

Tim, did the blade lift off while you were going along, or was it just that it lost its' springiness?
I've only had mine a couple of weeks so I'll keep an eye on them and report back if there's a problem.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.