VW DataPlug

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I had to provide a reg to my dealer, tried giving them my MK2 Golf reg and they said oh it wont work. explained to them its got an engine conversion and they handed it over.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
I know I shouldn't have but....passed a golf TSI on the way home and gave it's registration number and ..hey presto can pick it up tomorrow...lol. Must be a box ticking excercise for the dealer...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I just don’t like how it records and happily displays my max speed of each journey...

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage One Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
I know I shouldn't have but....passed a golf TSI on the way home and gave it's registration number and ..hey presto can pick it up tomorrow...lol. Must be a box ticking excercise for the dealer...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Haha wouldn't want to be them if they have any warranty trouble, especially if you like to give your car a bit of stick.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Not sure why anyone would want it then, especially considering it monitors 'driving behaviour.' Sounds like a blackbox for insurance, where they will try and use the data to screw you over in the long run if anything goes wrong and you need warranty work.

Couldn’t agree more. I have a VW and I won’t be getting one of these devices, although I dare say that more and more manufacturers will be building this type of tech into their cars as standard as new models are launched, so we’ll all be forced to adopt it at some point.