VZ3 Spare Wheel and Cupra rear lettering

scottwb1

Aug 2, 2021
Took delivery of my black VZ3 today, handover was ok but the car was filthy but got over that after a wash and made my spotlessly clean car ocd feel better :) Anyway, there is no spare wheel that has come with it and am sure was in the spec 7 months ago when ordered it was with spare wheel - looks like a spacesaver but nothing there and got inflation kit?
Anyone found this or have they changed the spec.
Also noticed the cupra lettering on the rear of the car is now also silver instead of black - liked the black stealth look with sapphire black colour so must be another change?

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
Wow, I’ll be really disappointed if they’ve changed the rear lettering to silver. Definitely prefer the black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scottwb1

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
I don't think the VZ3 had a space safer as it wont fit over the Brembo caliper. The brochure doesn't list it as having one.

I really like having Cupra in black, I wouldn't be happy with it in chrome!!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

kondziu80

Sep 14, 2021
Took delivery of my black VZ3 today, handover was ok but the car was filthy but got over that after a wash and made my spotlessly clean car ocd feel better :) Anyway, there is no spare wheel that has come with it and am sure was in the spec 7 months ago when ordered it was with spare wheel - looks like a spacesaver but nothing there and got inflation kit?
Anyone found this or have they changed the spec.
Also noticed the cupra lettering on the rear of the car is now also silver instead of black - liked the black stealth look with sapphire black colour so must be another change?
VZ3 didn't have the spare wheel when I test drove one back in July . VZ2 310 has one.
Could you post some pictures of silver lettering ? I've seen other countrys they're getting the VZ letters at the back now , is that's the case in UK now as well? Waiting for my VZ2 310 so it'd be good to know. Cheers

scottwb1

Aug 2, 2021
VZ3 didn't have the spare wheel when I test drove one back in July . VZ2 310 has one.
Could you post some pictures of silver lettering ? I've seen other countrys they're getting the VZ letters at the back now , is that's the case in UK now as well? Waiting for my VZ2 310 so it'd be good to know. Cheers
I certainly preferred the black, can't see why they have changed it other than it stands out more for branding on the =black colour :(
Still contemplating on whether to wrap the grey in gloss black but want to wait a few weeks :)

Attachments

• VZ3.jpg
    VZ3.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 184

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
My VZ3 has no space saver, tyre repair kit only. I’m not keen on the silver lettering but I can see why they’ve done it.

Reactions: scottwb1

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I certainly preferred the black, can't see why they have changed it other than it stands out more for branding on the =black colour :(
Still contemplating on whether to wrap the grey in gloss black but want to wait a few weeks :)
Couple of months ago lot of us here were saying they should make the lettering with more contrast on darker cars. One idea was using copper color for the letters.

I understand why they did it. They can do it Audi style and offer the black letters as an extra :D.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Re space saver and Brembos, it's a false argument re the size. Sure, the spave saver doesn't fit over the discs, but the recommendation is that any space saver should be on the rear anyway, even if the punctire is a front wheel. So it's change 2 wheels, but it's a LOT safer having the space saver on the rear.

Any reduction in weight inproves the homologated emissions, that's why it's done (and why some marques remove the space saver if a pan roof is specced - Toyota I'm looking at you)

So, when I got my Cupra Ateca with Brembo's, I also got the dealer to provide a space saver (it was an ex-demo I got, but it shouldn't make a difference). Glad I did as had 2 failed sidewalls on the front nearside in 6 months (luckily insured for tyres).

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Re space saver and Brembos, it's a false argument re the size. Sure, the spave saver doesn't fit over the discs, but the recommendation is that any space saver should be on the rear anyway, even if the punctire is a front wheel. So it's change 2 wheels, but it's a LOT safer having the space saver on the rear.

Any reduction in weight inproves the homologated emissions, that's why it's done (and why some marques remove the space saver if a pan roof is specced - Toyota I'm looking at you)

So, when I got my Cupra Ateca with Brembo's, I also got the dealer to provide a space saver (it was an ex-demo I got, but it shouldn't make a difference). Glad I did as had 2 failed sidewalls on the front nearside in 6 months (luckily insured for tyres).
It's a false argument but it is still done. OP needs to know that it's not a mistake but that they really ship the car without it.

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Nice. How did you get the copper lettering? Was that a custom change.

It looks great against the Matte Blue - I'm due to collect my VZ3 in the next 10 days. Wonder what colour the lettering will be 🤔

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
There are many
Nice. How did you get the copper lettering? Was that a custom change.

It looks great against the Matte Blue - I'm due to collect my VZ3 in the next 10 days. Wonder what colour the lettering will be 🤔
I had it from Amazon at the time.
In the meantime, there are also many offers on Ebay. Just enter cupra copper letters in the search box.

and yes, I did it myself... No problem, even with the matt paint.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise