wall meets car

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
just been in2 a wall with my car, what do u think about getting it fixed??

Jonzy

provided thers no structral chassis damage that will polish out with a little work.

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
the front looks straight as u can see by the pic the wheels is ben but that mite be the back axel or suspensionthats bent. the one thing thats on my mine is where the side skirts was, its been pushed back quite abit. some1 told me that if its gone it more than X amound, i'm in trouble.

r1cky

Banana Rama cupra car
Oct 12, 2004
just had a look, im a painter so i know what im on about! your definatly going to need a NEW wheel, new quarter panel, new door, i presume a new rear bumper looking at the state of the back panel. new side sill. and a paint blend into the front wing for a colour match. all in all thats well, well over a grand including paint, labour, and parts. if you dont go through your insurance on this one youll be skint for a while!

r1cky

Banana Rama cupra car
Oct 12, 2004
from the looks of it the sill isnt that badly 'in' a new quarter panel will come with the new sill anyway, but it doesnt look beyond repair at all to me. ive pulled out a lot worse.

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
i dont want to go though insurance as i'll lose my ncb and i'v got 600exsses and it wont be hpi clear. so if its around the 1000/1500 it should be alrite.

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
r1cky, what about banging it out and fillinf it or dont u advise that??? i was thinking of a new door, new sill but bang ou the back panel and fill it??
+ finding some1 that is good at a good price.

r1cky

Banana Rama cupra car
Oct 12, 2004
hmmm, its a new door no two ways about it, the door is fooked!
the back QTR panel COULD repair, it would need pinning out and filling but even then it would never be perfect, and most bodyshops wouldnt even want to pull it out! really its a new QTR all day long but it could repair i supose. and the back panel area could also be bodged but never done properly.

some off the top of my head prices! presuming none of the suspension/hub is nakered.:
new side sill/skirt - £90 side sill jacking covers £12
new door £200 (+ or - £30)
new QTR panel (which includes sill and back panel area) around £200 + fitting
new rear bumper £110
repair QTR panel maybe £200-300 (if possible!)
new wheel -?? £90-100
new tyre - £50?
paint and paint goods £200+
labour? 17-20 hours at around £30+ per hour (man off the street price) - £600 (tops)

id say your looking at around £1500

if i could do jobs on the side id help you out, but unfortionatly i cant do a job that size! a bumper here and there maybe!

best off looking at indipendant bodyshops in your area to give you a quote.

r1cky

Banana Rama cupra car
Oct 12, 2004
depending on what you want to do i sugest stripping the door cards out of the front
all door insides including mirrors and rubbers so its just a bare shell. remove rear seats and also rear back panels. and rebuild it all when the work is done. it will save a fair chunck of money as i bet you have 3-4 hours labour in stripping and refitting.

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
i'v got some1 who is coming to look at it on monday, as its at my place of work at the mo. i mite just get some1 to but all the stuff on then get my ex girl m8t to spray it.
if i'm getting new parts it would be best off painting it be4 i get the parts put on???
where would u think i could get some parts from round here, if i get them from seat, it will be expensive wont it?!?!?!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it will be hpi clear if it's repaired, it's only on the register if it is a write off (in which case you won't have it)