Warning lights ont he dash :(

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hey, I was driving home just now and i noticed two ligths come on randomly.

One is the TCS "skidding car" symbol and is solid, according to the Manual this means there's a fault with the ABS, but normal braking seemed fine... Any ideas/experience with this fault?

The other one is the coily pre-heating symbol, this is flashing and apparently means I have an engine fault... yay! :-| again, any idea what might cause this?

Obviously if anyone has had this combination of faults your input would be welcomed. Phoning the dealer tomorrow morning and taking it in, but a heads up on possibles would be nice.

Cheers,
Cyph ... :cry:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hey, I was driving home just now and i noticed two ligths come on randomly.

One is the TCS "skidding car" symbol and is solid, according to the Manual this means there's a fault with the ABS, but normal braking seemed fine... Any ideas/experience with this fault?

The other one is the coily pre-heating symbol, this is flashing and apparently means I have an engine fault... yay! :-| again, any idea what might cause this?

Obviously if anyone has had this combination of faults your input would be welcomed. Phoning the dealer tomorrow morning and taking it in, but a heads up on possibles would be nice.

Cheers,
Cyph ... :cry:

The flashing coily thing is normally a warning that your brake light switch is faulty - check if your brake lights are stuck on.

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated. Just had a check and the break lights are coming on when the pedal is depressed and going off when released, so it doesn't seem like the switch is faulty.

I'll get it VAG-Com'd at the dealer tomorrow, its under warranty so no problems :) [Hopefully!]

Thanks again,
-Cyph

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
glad its under warrenty,my m8s mini had the traction control light come on last week,turned out the abs ecu thingy had gone,bmw wanted a cool £900 for the little black box plus £90 too code it in,he got one independently for a bargain £400:whistle:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated. Just had a check and the break lights are coming on when the pedal is depressed and going off when released, so it doesn't seem like the switch is faulty.

I'll get it VAG-Com'd at the dealer tomorrow, its under warranty so no problems :) [Hopefully!]

Thanks again,
-Cyph

The brake light switch has two circuits in it, just because the lights work doesn't rule out the switch.

Oh and we don't use vag-com ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise