wat am i doing wrong

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok as u might of seen in the otehr thread i dont exactly cain my car all the time... not saying she dont get some stick tho... i have taken her to about 4k on a few occasions now... i know i am a bad man.....pmsl

but i swear this car doesnt feel like it will do 0 - 60 in 7.8 let alone the 6.8 i saw a standard one pull at mod nats.. WTF am i doing wrong

the pull from 2k to 3500 is amazing. is this the optimum time to change? or should i be going for 4500

some one tell me what to do before i pick a race with something and look stupid..... AGAIN... i tried to race an r32 golf :( thought it was a TDI.. did keep up with a VR6 from 60 - 100 just planted it in 6th he started to creap away

i think i am to use to petrol this is my first diesel i just need to know when is optimum to change

etc

smee

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
some one tell me what to do before i pick a race with something and look stupid..... AGAIN... i tried to race an r32 golf thought it was a TDI.. did keep up with a VR6 from 60 - 100 just planted it in 6th he started to creap away

Use all your revs and shift just before the redline i would have thought just like a petrol engine, thats how you get the most performance from it as your max power comes in at 3750 revs so use all after that to use all your power. Try not to hit the redline though, as that will slow you down as it will cut your power out. Change gear as quick as you can to try and keep it in the maximum power band.

I thought 6th gear was for motorway crusing mostly on the 6spd box? I didnt think you would get significant power gains using it, i thought top speed could be achieved in 5th.

gazjones

cart will also adapt to your driving as well but the car is still new so will take a little while to run in!

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Flooring it in 6th aint a good idea, or the fastest way of accelerating. The engine will be mega tight at the moment, which is why you shouldnt granny it. They only start to loosen up after ~10000 miles. Mines not too bad now, but thats due to a few trackdays.

I change up usually around the redline, and around 4000 i think when I was standard. If your not happy with the speed there's a simple solution...

Get it Remapped! :D

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
My clutch does slip, but not too much (hardly anythin with the summer temps). Im trying to kill it honest!!! So I can get my Sach's one :(

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
for starters, your car is brand new, not run in and will be tight and probably down on power, don't granny it around, get some miles on the clock and give it some blasts every now and then, to loosen it up

6th is no good for accelerating, i normally take the revs to just over 4k, in each gear, it will do 0-60 in 7 secs with ease, tracction control off and use your brain to feed the power in, instead of just planting it,

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
so conclusion is i need to learn how to drive...

i went out to see a dew mates tonight one was like ur a loser u have a diesel so i took him out for a spin... he is now converted :)

smee

T. Spark

Think everything has already been said,

TC/ESP OFF!

Then feed the power, trying not to wheelspin tooo much, I used to change at 4k without a remap, now with the remap (and a knackered turbo so dont get ne power till 2.5k+) I change at 4.4kish gove or take.

Just get a remap and start playing with scooby wrx's :D

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Smee said:
so conclusion is i need to learn how to drive...

smee
I wouldn`t say you need to learn to drive mate as you might be a brilliant driver you just need to learn how to drive a diesel car fast instead of a petrol car.
Just remember to burn out the clutch and knacker the turbo so you need to fit new up rated ones plus get a remap.Sorry there i go again.:cheeky:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.