Weitec or KW coilovers?

Dec 19, 2006
I'm looking to get coilovers for my LC 52 plate. I have been looking at the KW V3's which have had many good things said about them including the recent review but i have also been looking at the Weitec Hicon TX coilovers which seem similar to the V3's but cheaper.
Weitec is part of KW's company so it makes me think how much difference there would be between the two products in regards to build quality and anti-corrosion.
The Weitec coilovers are height and damping adjustable where as the V3's are height, rebound and compression adjustable. In the reviews of the V3's people have said they take to time to setup to get the feel right so is having this adjustment a good thing or would it be better to go for a fixed setup of the Weitec's?
My car is used daily on a mixture of motorway, dual carriageway and country roads and long motorway journeys on the weekend which includes the M25 so some comfort will still be required plus some of the country roads are pretty bumper with the odd speed bump thrown in for good measure.
Any opinions or reviews of these products are welcome, Thankyou

Adam

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Unless you're tracking it I'd say stick with either the Weitec Hicon GT or KW V1 with the difference being that the V1's are stainless steel body and the GT's are galzanised.

Damian @ DPM

Dec 19, 2006
Part of me thinks that if theres something i don't like about the setup of the KW V3's then at least it can be adjusted where as with the other ones i'm stuck if i don't like how hard the ride is and what not, so it would make sense to go for the more expensive ones but its just whether they'll actually ever get adjusted once they've been setup, bit of a trade off between price and flexibilty, mmmmm what to do?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Don't get me wrong, the adjustability of the KW V3's is amazing and if you can afford them then go for them.

Give me a shout if you'd like any prices.

Damian @ DPM

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Part of me thinks that if theres something i don't like about the setup of the KW V3's then at least it can be adjusted where as with the other ones i'm stuck if i don't like how hard the ride is and what not, so it would make sense to go for the more expensive ones but its just whether they'll actually ever get adjusted once they've been setup, bit of a trade off between price and flexibilty, mmmmm what to do?
If you have this thought niggling at the back of your mind get the KWV3's as they are infinitly adjustable. I LOVE mine big time and haven't really gotten into the adjustments yet but will as part of my corner weighting/balancing set up for the track.
Also KWV3's will hold their money and will always be very sellable, mine are on their third owner and still look like new.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.