Weitec springs n shocks/coilovers question

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
Any one got these?

Weitec 50mm/40mm Ultra GT Lowering Springs & Shocks Suspension Kit Leon

or

Weitec Hicon GT Coilover Suspension Kit

The springs are £100 cheaper , I'm not sure if I should just get them or save a bit, wait a little longer and get the coil overs.

Am looking for a few pointer in benefits etc on one over the other etc !

JamJay

California Bound
Have a look at JayFR150's build up, he has the Ultra GT kit and it looks perfect. He's local to me too and lets just say it looks even better in reality. Personally I would only bother with coilovers if you're heading to the track and in which case you should spend good money on coilovers i.e. KW. If just for the street then a good shock and spring package will be good enough, there's a huge choice of springs about too so you can pick the height that you want.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Have a look at JayFR150's build up, he has the Ultra GT kit and it looks perfect. He's local to me too and lets just say it looks even better in reality. Personally I would only bother with coilovers if you're heading to the track and in which case you should spend good money on coilovers i.e. KW. If just for the street then a good shock and spring package will be good enough, there's a huge choice of springs about too so you can pick the height that you want.

nah man i disagree with that one. weitec is a part of KW anyway, but besides that, i went for the hicon gt coilovers, and i love them.

the suspension is firm, but forgiving over potholes, i had it professionally set up for fast road use. its not as harsh as i feared when going for them, it sits nice and low, and at the same time doesnt scrape over every little stone popping out of the road lol.

34533_140709479279790_100000222161413_403955_5216842_n.jpg

JamJay

California Bound
Depends what you want really. If you want to jack the car up once a month and higher or lower the car, then get a set of coilovers, otherwise there really is no point. You can get damping adjustable coilovers but we're talking £800+ and IMO are strictly only useful on the track as if you're pushing your suspension to the point that you need to alter the settings on the road, you;re probably driving like a kn0b :D.

This from experience, I've had Civic's that were braced and slammed on Teins and they only ever came alive on a track and maybe allowed me to take a couple of motorway bends at greater speed than would otherwise be possible in an OE car.

Just my 2p's worth but as I say, If you don't want to keep twiddling with the ride height all the time then a balanced shock and spring package will do fine, coupled with an ARB and strut brace and it'll handle very very well.

CupraRAlderson

I have the Weitec Hicon GT's fitted and it looks perfect. The ride is a little rough but thats a small price to pay for the handling.

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
As always the benefits with coilovers are that you can set them to what ever height you want, the springs and shocks are a more comfortable option though.

Here's a picture of a LCR lowered on the KW 50mm/40mm kit which gives the same drop:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DPM-Performance/208281640681#!/photo.php?pid=4158619&id=208281640681

Damian @ DPM Performance

That looks well nice, am gonna go for the spring n shocks I think. Will be buying from you Damian ASAP !

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Depends what you want really. If you want to jack the car up once a month and higher or lower the car, then get a set of coilovers, otherwise there really is no point. You can get damping adjustable coilovers but we're talking £800+ and IMO are strictly only useful on the track as if you're pushing your suspension to the point that you need to alter the settings on the road, you;re probably driving like a kn0b :D.

This from experience, I've had Civic's that were braced and slammed on Teins and they only ever came alive on a track and maybe allowed me to take a couple of motorway bends at greater speed than would otherwise be possible in an OE car.

Just my 2p's worth but as I say, If you don't want to keep twiddling with the ride height all the time then a balanced shock and spring package will do fine, coupled with an ARB and strut brace and it'll handle very very well.

i suppose. i guess i do have plans to hit the track once everythings up and running :D

CupraRAlderson

I have 8mm wheel spacers with the wietec hicon gt coilovers, has anyone put bigger spacers on at all and if so did it catch anywhere? Thinking about giving a bit more of an aggressive stance but not sure what size to get.

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
That looks well nice, am gonna go for the spring n shocks I think. Will be buying from you Damian ASAP !

That's my LCR! :D

The guys above are correct, if you will be doing track use then get coilovers but if not then IMO it's not worth it unless you got money to burn :0)

The ride, handling and stance is much better now and it's not that harsh at all... Here's some more pics to entice you lol

Also Remember to change the top suspension mounts when fitting your springs and shocks as they will be probably worn

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
That's my LCR! :D

The guys above are correct, if you will be doing track use then get coilovers but if not then IMO it's not worth it unless you got money to burn :0)

The ride, handling and stance is much better now and it's not that harsh at all... Here's some more pics to entice you lol

Also Remember to change the top suspension mounts when fitting your springs and shocks as they will be probably worn

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Is that shadow chrome for your alloys there?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.