well ive had the cupra since march and ive not started a thread

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
iv posted this thread over on the pug forums i use hence saying what wheels are off, any i cant be arsed rewriting :lol:
well iv not posted any pics for a while.
since owning the leon the pennies have been up n down with me bein made redundant again :angry:
so since march it had a forge 007p d/v followed by k+N 57i induction kit, then came the milltek cat back zaust, that was it!!
then thursday i got some ronal wheels off a 225 audi TT nice 17s with 3 descent tyres n 1 scrap so hAd 2 avon zv5 fitted 225 45 17.
today its had a bit of a clean, havin just bought the megs 3 stage kit. st1 paint cleaner is quite good doesnt feel that abrasive but did remove the scratches round door handles etc
stg 2 the polish, dont really see what this actually did :lol:
st3 the wax went on nice and now the car feels quite silkey!! but ideally needs claying.
i havnt done nothing with the black bits, purely cuz i havnt nothing to do them with n not sure what to use, any recommendations?? bareing in mind i might C/C them so dont really wana use silico based crap
any some pics

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00320-1.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

9f2e_1.jpg

and 1 totally std if you cant remember

what you reckon comments welcome

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Looks familiar?..... hold on.....
............... yep mine is still on the drive?!?! ....best looking LC after mine of course... loving the rims...... lol

Heres a pic just so you can see what it will look like lowered!!

DSC00539.jpg

Last edited:

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
yes mate, iv still got your pic on my computer. kept changin my mind between rs4 wheels, r32's or the TT jobbys , these came up for £100 on pistonheads not far from me got them for £90, couple of tiny scuffs but nothing im worried about, might get them refurbed at a later date but darker. whats the ride like dropped 50mm is it crashy at all? im gettin on abit now so dont want my filling to drop out lol

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Speed bumps are a bit of a challenge..... some roads are unbearable lol ..... well it aint that bad really... just depends on what the roads are like where you are....the ride quality is what you would expect from a drop like this, but it looks sweet and handles sooo much better than standard....

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
iv got a boost gauge fitted now, spikes at 12 psi and maintains between 9-10 psi
iv got it booked in for a cambelt kit and water pump on friday, and il have a chat a bout a remap

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
i went on friday for a remap to a place in hinkley, not aloud to say who! but had an issiuewith a boost pipe. due to drilling for a boost gauge! so the remap should happen nxt wk.
btw i had managent light on and didnt want paying for deleting it

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
today as you no matey. nice to meet you!

traffic was terrible on the way home. the car feels more responsive now, petty those diesel boys were hogging the ramp all afternoon, didnt get chance to get it on the rollers. its booked in on the 19th for for a session

Last edited:

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
good to see you too,glad your happy with remap, good bunch of lads there.

did the welsh lads get there downpipes fitted.lol

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
FFS i was there til bout 4.30 that 1 that had all the trouble had got his done for bout 4pm, and his mate was removing his cat,
the 1st was somwhat smokey after that cleaner stuff.
what was your mate with LCR name/user name i didnt catch it

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
iv given it a bit, feels very responsive, and in gear aceleration is wkd, 4 gear 35-70 did not take verylong at all. im impressed, ben said that it would be so much quicker using good quality fuel, hmmm

Last edited:

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
yes mate, 207 bhp n 233 lb/ft
cpl off slight issues the induction needs shielding,( 1/2 way through it at work but not had time to sort) and i need a yellow spring in my 007p
nick mentioned doin a n249 bypass, have you tried it??
im goin to make a 3" down pipe for it as i now have a sample and should be making a jig for others

Last edited:

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
iv fitted a yellow spring, made a shield for the 57i kit and fitted a new silicon breather as the rubber 1 was all mushy
DSC00337.jpg

not very good pic was a bit dark

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
looking good mate... whats next on the list?? i want a remap and a cat back exhaust for mine but my wheels really need refurbing so may have them done first.

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
i think the 3" down pipe/cat nxt, although i really want it dropping dont like it with its arse in the the air

if youm ever this way pm me or somat you can drive mine. see what ya reckon to my remap

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.