Westerham Seat, Intresting customer care.

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Engine mount snapped on my 05 Ibiza FR Tdi.

Cars being repaired under warranty luckily after they had inspected it. Asked if it would be possible for a Courtesy car as the car has failed under warranty, told harsh and bluntly that wasnt possible, how ever they did offer me a Hire car at £20 a day. First informed the car would be 2 days as the part will be next day delivery. Later in the afternoon that day i was informed that the part is on back order and i should call them in a week, i asked how long the part will be and i was told without a care in her voice that it could be weeks. She asked if i wanted to leave the car there or take it away, i asked if it was safe to drive, she went away to ask a technician and he said no its dangerous. I then asked as i dont have an expected return date or delivery date of the part would it now be possible to have a Courtesy car, again i got the careless voice tell me No but i could get a Hire car for £20 a day.

Phoned Seat Uk and they promised to call me back, that was 30 hours ago.

Am i being to picky? should i expect a courtesy car?

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
The Answer Is Yes.

My Car Went In For Warranty Work 4 Times.

Each Time Had A Free Car, Only Had To Sign There Insurance Form Agreeing To Pay The First £500.00.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I never had great experiences of the service dept at Westerham. They spilt break fluid on my calipers (which they did repalce under warranty). When I phoned them up to tell them and book the car in I asked them to order the parts in before the car arrived with them. They phoned an hour or so after I dropped it off to say that they would replace the calipers, but they would need to order them in.

Second time around after a routine service the oil light came on about 30 miles away from the dealers and the dipstick was dry.

Been using Hidsons ever since.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Only issue I've ever had is when servicing, they over lubricate the door hinges. :(

Other than that never had an issue.

Fish

melton1

Customer care

Engine mount snapped on my 05 Ibiza FR Tdi.

Cars being repaired under warranty luckily after they had inspected it. Asked if it would be possible for a Courtesy car as the car has failed under warranty, told harsh and bluntly that wasnt possible, how ever they did offer me a Hire car at £20 a day. First informed the car would be 2 days as the part will be next day delivery. Later in the afternoon that day i was informed that the part is on back order and i should call them in a week, i asked how long the part will be and i was told without a care in her voice that it could be weeks. She asked if i wanted to leave the car there or take it away, i asked if it was safe to drive, she went away to ask a technician and he said no its dangerous. I then asked as i dont have an expected return date or delivery date of the part would it now be possible to have a Courtesy car, again i got the careless voice tell me No but i could get a Hire car for £20 a day.

Phoned Seat Uk and they promised to call me back, that was 30 hours ago.

Am i being to picky? should i expect a courtesy car?

Sorry to hear you had such treatment however we do try to keep everyone on the road. Our Loan cars are in high demand due to our location. That member of staff is no longer with us.....Ask for Grant next time !

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.