Wet front window screen on inside .

Oct 20, 2023
Each morning my front window screen is soaking wet on the in side of the screen does anyone else have this problem my car is a 23 plate

Attachments

• 9210EEC2-EA6A-4819-AA19-BF1A982A20CB.jpeg
    9210EEC2-EA6A-4819-AA19-BF1A982A20CB.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 94

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Each morning my front window screen is soaking wet on the in side of the screen.
Double check all of your windows are completely closed.
Check your doors and the tailgate are correctly aligned with no unevenly sized shut lines and that your door and window seals aren‘t distorted or mis-shapen, all of which could allow the ingress of moisture / damp. Check the windscreen scuttle panel to ensure any drainage holes haven’t become blocked with leaves or similar debris.

Also check your carpets / carpet mats aren’t wet, and check under the boot floor for signs of dampness. If you have any wet / damp outdoor clothing in your car, be sure to remove it.

Reactions: Fencer60

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Before you get home at last trip of the day turn the heater off and allow fresh air in the car, if you can leave a front window slightly open , Seat and VW in general have a misting up problem, warm air in the car settling on cold glass overnight.

vmaxkiddy

Jan 16, 2023
Do you keep the air con running all the time ? It helps to dry the air coming into the vehicle.

Oct 20, 2023
This happens when I get out the car for the day the next morning the windows are soaking wet on the inside

Cuprashire

May 20, 2022
I'm the same, I live in Scotchland and it was the same with other cars. Just mad when you get in and your windscreen is frozen solid on the inside. What upsets me is when I wipe it with a chammy and I know the streaks will bug me all week.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
It looks like condensation. Windscreens suffer more because they are big and near the vents.
When you are sat in your car you are breathing out moisture laden air, filling the car with it.
You get out and the car cools and the moisture condenses on whatever it touches that is cold.
The windscreen vents blow more air over the windscreen than the other windows without vents.
If your car is warmer when you stop you will have more moisture in the air.

So long story short, you're going to have condensation, warmer cars will have more, cover your vents.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.