what a story!! i'm a lucky boy!

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
right, this will make you cringe! i went round my mates on tuesday night, all as normal parked outside his house as per usual, went in and played some ps2, and all the usual boy stuff, anyway, it was getting late so i decided to go, opened the front door and my car was gone!! i said to my mate with my heart in my mouth, is this a trick? where is it?, he then panicked as well, shouted to his mum 'where's Jake's car!' she then shouted to his dad 'paul have you moved Jake's car?' at this point i was really starting panick! so i looked around no sign, then out the corner of my eye i see it down the road up a curb! now my mate lives on a hill, and i've parked there millions of times before, no probs, but it had rolled down the hill! so i legged it down the hill and it was up a curb about an inch away from a wall, so i checked the front bumper and luckily all there was, was a scratch on the bumper and the number plate had a crack down it! but the handbrake was still up!?!? the best bit about it was it had rolled across the road! missing everything! the steering wheel had locked, so it turned its self into a cul-de-sac and bumped up the curb and must of gently hit the corner of a wall outside someones house. can't belive no one knocked to let us know it had rolled off! but ill never park it on a hill without leaving it in gear and shoving the handbrake right up again!!! long live the cupra!

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
Very lucky boy. My mates car did the same thing, rolled down the hill across a road, however his went through someones window and landed in their front room. Wasn't a pretty sight.

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
omg ..u are lucky lol. i parked my 1.4 in a multistory and it rolled back into another space, and when i got there i realised the handbrake wasnt up whoops ..jus slight scratch hehe.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Reminds me of a meet in Reading when one of the guys hadn't put his handbrake on fully and his car rolled across the car park and stopped perilously close to the river...

Moral of the story - always leave your car in gear when you park.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I did stop in a pub car park to drop somet things off for a local football club lotto, came out and car was in opposite corner of carpark!! handbrake on, looked a level enough surface, but rolled 40ft!! missed everything!! thought somebody played a joke and moved it, car was locked!!! oops!! Watched it move past window at house too!! went out and it still slooowly rolling past! Damn rear disc brakes!

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Reminds me of a meet in Reading when one of the guys hadn't put his handbrake on fully and his car rolled across the car park and stopped perilously close to the river...

Moral of the story - always leave your car in gear when you park.

That was soo funny. Especially as in the pub he was going on about his handbrake being replaced lol.

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
i'm just glad it didn't hit anything like a house or car, imagine the insurance phone call, 'where were you at the time of the accident?' 'in my mates lounge playing ps2 mate!' wouldn't have been happy if i'd have wrote me car off or smashed a bumper/headlight etc. ill try and get some pics up of the scratch so you can all see what small damge i got away with. it was a corner of a wall it hit, so i'm lucky it didn't dent the bumper, i think the 3 curbs it went up helped slow it down. m.o.t tommorow so ill be getting new rear pads anyway!

Thats
logo.gif
Lucky

godzuki

Mk2 cupra & golf mk2 20vt
Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
Heard about this happening on a corrado once,something about the rear discs being hot then cooling down and contracting etc...
Could of been worse though eh?

looooce

bloody hell!! u lucky lucky sod! i always have to use 2 hands to pull my handbrake up, as its also rather tempromental, i wouldnt park it on a hill now, no way!

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Damn you lucky boy. First of all I thought you were going to say that your car got nicked but that you luckily caught the thief. But that story of yours was EXACLY like the MORE THAN advert (minus the dog).

Lucky lucky sod. Make sure you get this weeks Euro millions ticket.

Mig

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
I'm soo old that I was also taught to turn the front wheels a bit so that if the car did start to roll anywhere it went towards the kerb that you were parked against and stopped there before it built up momentum to go off on its own . . . . mind you in those days of yore methinks that handbrake cables were made of baler twine..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.