What is the procedure for reseting the addometer from kms back to miles?

Cathy

Hi Guys,

This is a bit of an odd one, but my 53 reg Seat Ibiza sport clocks up the mileage in kms. It has been like that since I bought it. It's not an import and the speedometer is in mph with the kms on the inside, like on a normal car.

Does anyone know what the procedure is to reset the mileage back to miles from kms? I think that there is some sort of code that exists. Of course when I asked a local Seat garage they were not very helpful and said they would have to take the whole of the dashboard out- a very expensive job. I'm sure there is an easier way- can anyone help?

Also, I am having trouble with the service lights. Despite having had a service in October and having the warning lights reset they keep on coming up very often. One for oil, one for a smaller inspection (indicated by the small spanner) and one for a main inspection (indicated by a larger spanner). I think there is a code to reset the service lights so they have longer intervals between services. Does anyone know about the procedure for this?

Sorry for such a long post!

Thanks,

Cathy :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sounds like the clocks are incorrect... like the internals are km, but the outer is mph.

I think.... and this is a guess:

Login to the car with vag-com , go into instrument cluster & change the coding from 00124 to 00134 (or vice versa)

Cathy

Thanks for your help guys. Went onto the website but not quite sure I got the right thing but will give it a go.

Thanks,

cathy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise