what next for my mk2 ibiza cupra replica?

vngtx

everytime i wash it i notice the passenger door is more pink than red. the spoiler is a mess, it was lime green when i got it.

vngtx

either flame red or mars red. it says in the spare wheel space in the boot. its written in spanish like :lol:

vngtx

anybody with 17'' alloys had them scraping against the rear wheel arches?

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
anybody with 17'' alloys had them scraping against the rear wheel arches?

Shouldn't rub on the rears unless you have the wrong offset wheels or wheel spacers. And if you have got the right offset (ET35 to 37) and no rear spacers then the only thing it should rub on is the arch lining.

GtiBoy

DubbedOut Owner
May 5, 2009
Botswana
www.dubbedoutclub.tk
but the big question is......how low do you go?

Start from the bottom and work back up :D

Mines about 100mm on the fron 110mm on the back no issues what so ever well if i throw it into a corner at 70 then i rub a little but its not very offten u get chance to do that nowadays i have 100's of spped humps by mine and have no issues with them just go over them about 5mph. The thing with the gti is the spliter sticks up a little so u dont catch it to often. i carnt go up kers tho :bleh:

vngtx

i measured mine today and i can drop 50mm on 17s but will have to roll the wheel arches.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
The front does sit abit higher as standard compared to the back. I have lowered the front alittle more than the back.

I dont know exact figures as Im on coilovers now as I had to raise the car and I didnt measure before I changed to them.

You could go with bigger brakes at the front and a rear disc swap. Thats my next step I think along with ARB's.

vngtx

The front does sit abit higher as standard compared to the back. I have lowered the front alittle more than the back.

I dont know exact figures as Im on coilovers now as I had to raise the car and I didnt measure before I changed to them.

You could go with bigger brakes at the front and a rear disc swap. Thats my next step I think along with ARB's.

i have 256mm vented discs at min, do i only need the carrier to get it to 280mm? :confused:

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
im on 17" and low duno how low though the only scrubbin i ever got was when the front was wound down 2 the botton lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise