What petrol are you putting in your Cupra's?

CupraCai

Hi Guys,

I have looked at the old threads discussing this and I thought I'd see what the general answer was now! I know that BP Ultima is 97 RON and Shell Optimax is 98 RON, I've heard that Tesco high octane fuel is 99 RON can anyone confirm this? I have also found a handy website:

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Its totally free, you can register with them stating your postcode and fuel type and they will search for the cheapest in your area and email you if there is any change in price!:D

caveo

yep i only use tesco 99 ron seems to give a little more mid range tourqe , only the optimax is considered the all round best due to mpg and it claims to clean your engine (?) but 99 ron IS the highist ron bar jet fuel so fill up.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
yep i only use tesco 99 ron seems to give a little more mid range tourqe , only the optimax is considered the all round best due to mpg and it claims to clean your engine (?) but 99 ron IS the highist ron bar jet fuel so fill up.

Can get Super-fuels higher than 99 RON.

BP's Ultimate 102 Unleaded is currently the most advanced, high-performance petrol you can buy on UK forecourts.

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Yep always use shell v power.It was mapped for high octane 99 so dont want to use cheap stuff,shell v power is expensive but i want as much power as i can get so i think it starts with good quality fuel.Dont know if i get any better fuel consumption like most of them claim over standard fuel,to be honest i dont think too much about economy with a car like this.

sicupra

unleaded or super?

ive noticed alot of people saying that petrol LCs should really be run on super unleaded.
juice is crazily priced at min and im wondering if it really is worth paying the extra as it really adds up over the year.:-o
also what are your opinions of tesco super un?
would i be better off using shell or bp ultimate or are they all the same?
98 octane is 98 octane right???
:think:

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
Use super, i have a LC, never used to due to the extra cost, but i do now and car does seem to drive better, smoother and get a few miles extra out of the tank and by the time you have worked out the extra cost the super costs + the extra few miles you get out (and its better for the engine) the difference is not that great, well not enough for me to think i can't afford super. As from where to get it ! thats the big question, for me, sainsburys super or BP depending when i need petrol both seem to work just fine.

sicupra

thanks stevo.
gota say tho sunthing i noticed was sainsburys is a bit of a con. its cheaper generally speaking, but if you look its actually only 97 octane. regular is 95 and super is 98.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The sainsbury super unleaded is fine mate i use it and normal unleaded in my mapped LCR with no problems

magpie00

Does it matter if you have normal petrol in your tank before this? I.e. not super?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
it will make a difference if you've got half a tank of 95 ron and half 99 ron but i dought you'd notice

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
i can only get 97super from esso/tesco does 98 make that much of a differance coz i could feel a difference from puttting the 97 in as the regular is only 95 at esso/tesco i think

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
95 or 98 Octane Performance

Printed off a nice little guide to the Leon which I found on here (that some good chappy had posted) and it mentions that the turbo runs better on 98 Octane. Has anyone noticed this by any remote chance :confused: or do they run just as good on 95 ???

Oh and Mr Brown is doing really well for passionate motorists like us :censored: [:@] :censored: [:@]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.