Wheel colour refurb help

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone I have a white leon and just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the best colour to have my 18" performance alloys refurbed.
One option is the to have the wheels refurbed in silver like factory new as I quite like them like that or there is gloss black, shadow chrome has been mentioned before on here and also like a copper matt colour.

If anyone has any pics of there white leon that would be great.

Thank you so much

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
B814FD7A-A9C7-4E59-981D-F07F86D1379A.jpeg
F57DC922-F214-4832-8CA1-31A0D0AEDFAF.jpeg
F928BC64-8F91-4682-AB30-0F3278DE609A.jpeg
The black and silver two-tone 19’ alloys my car came with from factory are perfect on a white/dynamic grey car. Full black is a bit too much imo, but these look 👌🏼

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Anthracite, gunmetal or smoked chrome. I’d definitely avoid getting them diamond cut - IMHO the diamond cut finish isn’t very durable compared to a powder coated finish, and diamond cut alloys are quite prone to white worm corrosion; and it’s more a case of when rather than if it will happen.

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
I am open to anything mate would love to see some examples of colours like that on a white leon cheers mate

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I am open to anything mate would love to see some examples of colours like that on a white leon cheers mate
Some of the alloy wheel manufacturers and retailers websites have a configurator on them to give you a good idea of what alloys in different styles and colours would look like. You can select make / model of the car on the configurator, change the colour of the car (to white) and then ‘fit’ the alloys - in the available styles and colours - to the car. I know the alloys won’t be exactly the same style as the Leon’s 18” Performance alloys, but you can find some that are similar and it will help you visualise what your alloys would look like when they’re refurbished in your preferred colour choice. Just Google ‘Alloy Wheel Configurator’ and you’ll find various sites that’ll enable you to do this.

Here’s a mk3 Leon Cupra with bronze alloys from the Brock and RC Design alloys website;

F9A650EE-4F54-446C-BA7C-8FA3E5538B62.jpeg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Had a Cooper S* some years ago with white wheels, never again, needed cleaned every time it went out, fat too much effort.
*Work car, not my choice.

Agree; I’d never have white alloys. I’d have gloss black alloys in preference to white and I’m not a big fan of gloss black either as they also nearly always look dirty from brake dust accumulations unless they’ve just been washed.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Agree; I’d never have white alloys. I’d have gloss black alloys in preference to white and I’m not a big fan of gloss black either as they also nearly always look dirty from brake dust accumulations unless they’ve just been washed.
Satin Black wheels are what you need then

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Dark grey colour, a bit like brake dust.
Yes, grey is the way to go. I had anthracite coloured powder coated alloys on my previous two cars. I have a set of Matt Ferric Grey coloured alloys on my current car. All have hidden brake dust and road dirt pretty well.

Smoked chrome alloys also looks good IMHO.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.