which castrol edge oil?

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
im looking at a cheap oil & filter change by national tyres (£33) for our TDI fr pd130

national tyres are recommending:

castrol edge 5w-30

whereas i think it should be 5w-40 deisel turbo (505.01) for fixed interval servicing which this car is

see here for castrol info

what do you think?

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
With the price National charge, you can get a change done every 5k miles or less. I get my car serviced at 10k intervals at an independant and then take it to National for a 5k oil/filter change

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
ive never been too them before, last few yrs used an independant. but a t£33 seems tempting, cheaper than doing it myself

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
I refuse to leave the car with them when they insist because they are "really busy" which translates to "I want to have another cup of tea". I also watch them like a hawk and they are fine but like any chain of garages including dealers, you get good ones and bad ones.

I wouldn't ask them to do anything more complicated than that though

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
20% off that 5W30 castrol edge in halfords at the moment making it just over £30,

still cheaper and easier to get national to do it including the filter i guess,nothing against national and i have used then for tracking and tyre changes before but i prefer too service my own car.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
20% off that 5W30 castrol edge in halfords at the moment making it just over £30,

still cheaper and easier to get national to do it including the filter i guess,nothing against national and i have used then for tracking and tyre changes before but i prefer too service my own car.

Just had a look at the website and its £45.99 for 4l of Castrol Edge (Ibiza needs 4.5l). Is it only an instore thing?

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
well i was planning on doing it myself, but at £33 seems a bargain. I do have big 'trust' issues tho.. ive got to change the rear discs and pads anyway so ill probably do it myself. thks all

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
Just had a look at the website and its £45.99 for 4l of Castrol Edge (Ibiza needs 4.5l). Is it only an instore thing?

well spotted it instore last week and seen it mentioned on other forums so maybe it is if they still have stock.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise