Whining Noise @ 70mph... Not Bad Tires...

Sep 16, 2023
Guys,

Got a horrible rhythmic whining noise whenever I hit around 70mph (65-75mph is when it's audible). I've figured that it can't be associated to bad tyres since I've recently had all four swapped out for new ones. Could this be wheel-bearing related??? Attached a video so y'all can actually hear it (hopefully it comes through well enough).

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Can't hear anything other than your wipers banging away.

Take the car for an alignment, if the rear alignment is out it'll saw tooth the rear wheels making a weird noise and cause uneven wear.

Sep 16, 2023
Can't hear anything other than your wipers banging away.

Take the car for an alignment, if the rear alignment is out it'll saw tooth the rear wheels making a weird noise and cause uneven wear.
You should be able to hear it in the first few seconds (i admit it does fade away a bit towards the end of the clip), quite a low pitched rhythmic humming. I've had them realigned fairly recently but have just fitted new wheels, will be getting them rebalanced etc anyway but the fact that the noise is exactly the same implies to me that it's not to do with the wheels/tyres but rather something else.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members