Who does the Best price drilled 312mm discs please

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I didn't even notice that.. Alright, so how are the Brembo discs? Which are the best for the front? I dont mind going drilled and grooved, either way. But just want the best

want best go grooved and ds2500's
unless you plan on beating it on track, in which case ds3000's but i doubt you would need those

drilled disks is just asking for cracks

Deamox1fy

Great, thanks for the advise. Which discs are the best to go for? Brembo? I love the look aswell. Those rotodiscs seem to look pretty good aswell. There's just too many to choose from, so I now ask the Guru Ibizacupra regarding this...

I find this strange, because Merc's C200's, the AMG's, Porsche's GT3 etc etc all come with drilled discs and surely they won't do that if it would cost them millions each year in replacing discs if they were to crack??? Just my opinion, I know this happens but is it not only with poor quality one's? Some more explanation would be appreciated and would let us learn. I've never really asked that question, but now was the perfect time to get a response.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley

Hmm they look pretty good and seem to be a good price. How is the 'anti-corrosion' coating holding up? Any pics fitted on car with wheels on?

Deamox1fy said:
I find this strange, because Merc's C200's, the AMG's, Porsche's GT3 etc etc all come with drilled discs and surely they won't do that if it would cost them millions each year in replacing discs if they were to crack??? Just my opinion, I know this happens but is it not only with poor quality one's? Some more explanation would be appreciated and would let us learn. I've never really asked that question, but now was the perfect time to get a response.

Drilled discs were originally used to allow gasses from the pads to escape. Modern pads don't suffer from this problem. Discs are now drilled mainly for appearance (and to reduce unsprung weight). If you are wanting to reduce unsprung weight, the rotordiscs would be much more effective. The typical owner of those sorts of cars will never drive anywhere near to the limits of the brakes so 99/100 times there will never be a problem

myneek

Oct 13, 2009
Winchester, UK
Alas, haven't actually got round to fitting them. However research seems to be ok. My mate just put some "expensive" disks on his car and they start to show rust after 2 days!

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
My ate powerdiscs started rusting after a couple of days so my next discs will be coated. I'm just trying to work out whether black phosphate is better or worse than zinc coating. I think black looks better than the zinc finish

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members