Windscreen wiper blades hitting the top corner

V2Formentor

Mar 17, 2023
Hi formentors or something more like Tormentors 😖So after having this car v2 a year I'm getting ready to move on, the last 6 months I've had to replace windscreen wipers as they were scuffing the screen (and yes cleaned many times)and now to add insult to injury they're knocking the corner when in use (raining heavy) & now nothing but noisy squeaking brakes IT'S A YEAR OLD FFS!!!!.. Anybody else similar issues?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Hi formentors or something more like Tormentors 😖So after having this car v2 a year I'm getting ready to move on, the last 6 months I've had to replace windscreen wipers as they were scuffing the screen (and yes cleaned many times)and now to add insult to injury they're knocking the corner when in use (raining heavy) & now nothing but noisy squeaking brakes IT'S A YEAR OLD FFS!!!!.. Anybody else similar issues?

Thinking the same tbh, though mine's just over 2 years old, 12k miles or so. Fairly sure it'll be gone before its 3 years old. Real shame but I don't fancy owing one of these outside of warranty.

Mine's a V2 e-Hybrid and I really love it but in my 40+ years of driving it's been the most problematic car I've ever owned! The worst being the 12v failure a couple of months back. I think it has knackered the battery and it will probably not do well over the winter. I'm checking it regularly and will keep it topped up with a battery maintenance charger if need be.

Having said that, since the 1940 update and the OU12 ota update it's been great from the infotainment point if view. However I still get regular 'changing system settings' messages which always changes the aircon settings and has wiped all my favourite radio stations and other settings previously! Also a few folk are getting issues with the overhead console (random breakdown assistance calls etc). Makes you wonder how these cars will fair in a few years time!

For me the front tyres will probably need replacing in 2 to 3k miles. Wipers were changed 2 months ago, I put Bosch ones on (much cheaper than Cupra ones) and have not had the knocking issue you mentioned.

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
My experience with all OE wipers on every car I've driven is that they should be removed immediately and replaced with a set of Bosch Aerotwin. The adapters needed for the Formentor won't look as nicely fitted as the OE ones, but you won't care after you see the results.

I have no idea why OE wipers have such poor performance; from horrid squeaking (on the rear blade especially) grabby, streaking, sticky wipes, or most importantly, dangerous levels of ghosting on the windscreen - where your forward vision can be completely obscured by a white haze in the darkness, even on a brand new vehicle on a clean windshield have I experienced these issues.

This routine works for me:
  1. Empty windscreen washer reservoir (use jets till empty)
  2. Clean windscreen with glass polish (also polish inside if you have glare issues)
  3. Apply SOFT99 Ultra Glaco or Angelwax H2GO to windscreen
  4. Replace wipers with new set of Bosch Aerotwin
  5. Fill washer reservoir with chosen dilution of water and Angelwax Clarity concentrated screenwash

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.