A what would you pay thread

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I have decided to sell up. Below is a rough draft of the advert I intend to use. Thoughts please as per pricing.

Hi

I am selling my black Leon Cupra R. It has done 115k and this will rise slightly as it's my daily driver. It is the 210 ps variant but has been remapped by Revo which takes it to 280ps for which I have print out to prove. I have owned the car since 80k and during my ownership it has had the following common problems which I have fixed.
1 The waterpump went so I replaced the waterpump with the metal one as the plastic ones consistently fail. At the same time I had the cambelt replaced.
2 I had a vac leak in the hoses around and under the inlet manifold. I have replaced these myself with the silicone ones from Forge motorsports. At the same time I replaced the 'y' valve which these connect to and also the 's' hose next to the inlet manni.
3 I had a coilpack go so I have replaced all 4 to avoid the others consequently going. The cooling fans also went and I have had these replaced with new fans.
4 the passenger side window regulator failed. Again replaced with new parts. 5 the moon seal and seal around the top of the engine degraded and was leaking oil. Again this that been repaired using new items.
6 front droplinks failed so again have been replaced with new ones.
Both front cv gaitor s have been replaced last feb

Anyone that is aware of this model car will realize that the above problems will eventually happen to any Lcr. I wasn't aware of these issues when I bought it and have spared no expense when rectifying these issues. The car is fantastic to drive and pulls well in every gear and after modifying the handling, handles brilliantly. I have the Revo sps 3 switch for the car which enables you to turn the remap on or off at the flick of a switch. The sps 3 can also be used to run the car on 95,98 or 100 Ron fuel, disable the ecu as a security feature and enable it again. The car has the front and rear Recaro seats and Lcr armrest and the chequed car mats which are hard to come by now. The Recaros have no splits/tears and are in good condition (gold dust to get hold of). Font Recaros have lumbar support. The car has the front Brembo brake option and has top end minted brakepads with Ebc Ultimax disks. The Tyres are Vredenstein Ultrac Sessantas which are quality Tyres and have loads if tread left. This car stops aswell as it flys.
Since owning the car I have added the following subtle modifications:
Skoda fabia rear wiper and blade.
VW golf Aero front wipers.
Heko front and rear wind deflectors.
Boot parcel shelf.
Front upper strut brace and 'hughes engineering' rear boot strut brace as without these the Leons tend to understeer. The Hughes brace is hard to come by.
Weitec height adjustable coilovers which are just as comfortable as standard suspension.
Powertec cone filter with heat sheild
Forge turbo intake pipe (the standard item can collapse at approx 5000 rpm).
Silicone engine bay hoses and engine bay paint.
Replacement windscreen as old one was stonechipped something rotten.
Milltek cat back.
Glove box insert.
Alpine Bluetooth CD player with iPod/iPhone lead through to glovebox
225 Lcr steering wheel.
I have also added a Race dynamics electronic gauge which is in the driverside air vent. This was quite costly but is, in my opinion, one of the best mods on the car. This gauge tells you:
Boost
Torque
Exhaust, coolant, oil temp
0-60 and 0-100 timings
Dyno run mode
It has a misfire counter and tells you what bank it is in.
It also has a diagnostic mode where it scans for fault codes, tells you them and let's you clear them which saves a fortune if you are able to diagnose problems yourself. This gauge has so many settings and you can view in graph or gauge style format.

The bad points.
The rear passenger lock had broken so was replaced at AMD with a new one. The window on the rear passenger door does not go down with the runner. It may have come away from the clips but may need the window regulator replacing. For some reason the car alarm now sounds when opening the passenger door for more than 10 seconds but this does not happen if the first door opened is the drivers one.
Paintwork is not showroom and there are swirlmarks and scratches. The worst in my opinion is 2 on the rear passenger door which run into the rear quarterpanel. The front of the car is stonechipped as the car has done the majority of the 115k on a motorway as the previous owner told me. There is also some scratches on the rear bumper. One which the previous owner has 'attempted' to fill and colour, and a couple of digs which I did myself but these are not major and you have to be aware of them to notice them really.
In December 2011 the car had repair work on the driverside doors and a new external front wing panel after someone rolled back into me at a junction as I was pulling out. All work was carried out via insurance and I was very happy with the quality of work carried out.
The alloys have scuffs on them and need a refurb but spare is like new.
I have fitted rear parking sensors to the car to avoid any repeat. These sensors are behind the bumper so that the bumper has not been cut/ looks stock and has a visual and audio warning device above the rear window.

The car is also due a full service and I have been advised the cambelt to be changed at 120k.
6 months tax
1 years mot.
Since owning the car I have always ran it on Fuchs silkolene synthetic race oil and Shell 99 Ron V power.
The front and rear brake disks and pads have loads of life left in them although since replacing front pads the brakes sometimes squeak. I think this is because the pads do not have shims.
I have a new front splitter ready to go on as the old one has cracked.

All in all, yeah as described above there are bad points regarding paintwork condition but the common problems have been fixed. The car has done 115 but if the engines are cared for (and it has been) they will go on and on.
I have absolutely loved owning this car and feel that it still holds it's own against newer hot hatches, performance and looks wise. The interior is comfy on long journeys and a pleasure to drive. I must add the due to the rear Recaros the rear bench is a 2+1 however they are comfy and highly desirable and do not come up for sale often. The steering wheel
Has also been replaced with the newer 225 Lcr steering wheel which is equally hard to get hold of.
Any questions please contact me and I will do my best to answer. I am in no rush to sell and would like the car to go to someone who will look after it.

Last edited:

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Yawn

Have a look on ebay etc see what there selling for,what someone on here tells you & what someone who wants it is willing to pay is 2 different things

Last edited:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
I hate these threads! How the fook can you not know what you'd sell the car for!? Its not hard you know what you paid for it to start with. Go look on ebay pistonheads gumtree...

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
Mods only add value to a car if someone wants a modified one, and generally its pittance.

Having one with bits replaced and lots of money spent does not garuntee a higher sale, just that it may be more desirable.

I would look around as said above and see what others are listed at. If you need to sell soon, my advice would be undercut all others on price but not allow anyone to knock you down. It has always worked for me.
If its a good buy, they will pay what you ask. And you just have to make clear when they view that you are not flexible on price if it is as you have described.

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Might be lengthy but at least it shows you are care about your car and don't just drive it blindly without knowing fack all about it...

I say an honest write up and price to match is hands down better than 'conveniently' missing bits out and waiting for the potential buyer to spot them and consequently knock you down...