Wiper Blades

sdegsy

Hi

Not sure if this thread has already been posted, but...I'm having problems with my front wiper blades. They shudder (not sure if this is the correct terminology)

The original pair has been replaced under warranty, as the dealer said they were faulty, but the new pair is the same.

I've tried the following:

Cleaned windscreen with Auto Glym’s glass polisher

Applied Mer's rain repellant

Wiped the blades with vinegar (now have a smelly windscreen!)

Not sure if the rubber compound is too hard or if it's the wiper arm...

Apart from the above the car's absolutely brilliant to drive, I've only had it 6 weeks and I'm sooooooo glad I didn't buy a Golf.

Any suggestions very welcome.

sdegsy[B)]

sdegsy

I have the auto wiper option, and it shudders even when it raining quite hard.

I'm having to turn the auto wiper OFF, and manually wiping the screen[:@]

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
I have auto on mine too and they shudder almost everytime they swipe, and leave dreadful smears. I was driving home one night and had to go about 15mph all the way as I couldn't see out thru my windscreen as the wipers were bloody useless, (it was raining quite heavy)! Tried cleaning the screen, then re-cleaning then polishing with auto-glym nothing seemed to have worked!

AN06DRW

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
try metholated spirits on a bit of cloth give the windscreen a good wipe over to get rid of all the impurities and also wipe down the wiper blades themselves it can sometimes be oxidised rubber that makes them judder. hope that helps

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.