Wiper blades

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I believe that the front wipers are 'normal' in the sense that you can use any wiper brand you choose (I intend to use bosch "aerotwin" blades).

However, from everything I have read, the rear wiper is a proprietary design and you have to buy a SEAT replacement.

If I was to replace the arm with either the Touran or Fabia arm would I be able to use bosch wiper blades or would I still be stuck with VAG parts?

Ideally I would replace the arm with the Touran arm as it looks very nice - not as big as the fabia one.

Cheers!

FINN

Nov 21, 2006
Northern Ireland - Belfast
I have the Fabia one on my car. I was in Halfords recently and looked to see if they had blades in stock, just out of interest. There was none listed so I assume the replacement blad must be bought from Skoda.

Nashy

I'd been told somewhere else that i should upgrade to a Fabia wiper arm for both looks and functionality (chek me out with my big words :D )

I take it i need to take the plunge and go into a Skoda dealership to get one? Just had a search on GSF but they only seem to stock wiper blades, not the arms

Scott MK1

Question,

I was in the Skoda dealer the other day and I said I was looking the arm, he said that the hatch and estate versions are different?

Do I just get the standard fabia hatch wiper arm?

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
So it seems to be a well known problem that the standard leon blade judders across the screen. At first I thought it was just because my blade was old.

I see people saying that the fabia arm improves this. However, I prefer the slimline look of the touran blade. Have people found this blade to be a big improvement also?

And back to my original question, can I use standard blades with any of these arms, or is it just the way it is, that rear blades are manufacturer specific nowadays?

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
A comparison of the 2 wipers. The only way to get a new blade for these is from the dealer unless you go the refill route and cut the refill to size. The rubber section (blade) is still the same type as on the standard wiper its just the design thats different.
I found that the Fabia one was quieter and less juddery when cleaning the rear window.

Fabia

DSC00124.jpg

Touran

DSC00134-1.jpg

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Defo prefer the Fabia. Suits the lines of the Leon much better, plus I'm not a fan of the half-and-half look of the other one, where the cover only covers half the blade.