Wipers stopped working.

Gravy1895

Oct 11, 2020
Hi, my 2004 LC has decided it doesn't need front wipers. Tho my screenwash works.
Had anyone else had this issue? They have played up in the past but after a wiggle they work. Now nothing.

Many thanks

Gravy1895

Oct 11, 2020
Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately, I'm not very mechanical and I don't own hand tools. Let alone a power measurement tool. (If that's what they are called) I'd put it in the garage but figured they'd change all of it, an charge me a fortune.

Thanks again

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries.

You should be ok if you take it to a local independant garage with a good reputation, just don't take it to one of the big chains like ATS or kwikfit etc. Will be simple to diagnose for a mechanic.

The power measurement tool is called a multimeter and they are less than £10 for a basic one. Plenty of good videos on youtube if you want to learn to use one, it's pretty simple to do basic stuff like measure voltages etc

Gravy1895

Oct 11, 2020
No worries.

You should be ok if you take it to a local independant garage with a good reputation, just don't take it to one of the big chains like ATS or kwikfit etc. Will be simple to diagnose for a mechanic.

The power measurement tool is called a multimeter and they are less than £10 for a basic one. Plenty of good videos on youtube if you want to learn to use one, it's pretty simple to do basic stuff like measure voltages etc
All sorted mate. Went down the breakers, fount a mk4 golf gti anniversary. Took the wiper motor an linkage off that. All works fine. Added bonus. Aero wiper mod was done.. looks loads better. Be going back for the seats as they were absolutely mint. Not sure if red interior will go with platinum grey paint mind. Thanks again

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
All sorted mate. Went down the breakers, fount a mk4 golf gti anniversary. Took the wiper motor an linkage off that. All works fine. Added bonus. Aero wiper mod was done.. looks loads better. Be going back for the seats as they were absolutely mint. Not sure if red interior will go with platinum grey paint mind. Thanks again
No worries, glad you got it sorted.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise