Xtrons Android Headunit

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Well you'll need the fascia adaptor for a start, then if you want DAB radio or the reversing cam you'll need to purchase those modules along with it.

Jasonsmith1989

Oct 17, 2016
Thanks, I know about the fascia was just thinking more along the lines of wiring harness / wiring adapters needed.

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
I recall no issues like that, the only thing I had to do which was a slight pain was routing an ignition controlled live to the aerial amplifier

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
From reading online more I think I may need a CANbus Box does that ring any bells?
Attached to the loom was at least one plastic rectangular box, in the latest version of the one I have on the Xtrons site I see this in the kit that comes with it, is yours not a Leon (and related cars) specific model?
pe98mtvpl-8.jpg

Jasonsmith1989

Oct 17, 2016
No mine isn't a leon specific one. The old unit powers on fine but the new one nothing. Trying to find an auto electrician but struggling to find in that replies.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Been a while... but this is the guy who did my stereo, subwoofers in two cars, tracker and a couple of electrical niggles / wiring. Usually replies pretty quick, is mobile, but depending on how far away you are from his 75 mile radius may charge more.
http://www.blackiceaudio.co.uk/

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
I've just purchased an Xtrons headunit to go into my Mk2 Leon. Wondering if anyone know's any extra items I will need to install it? The link to the unit is here: http://xtrons.co.uk/te706pl-android...b-rom-multimedia-receiver-with-7-display.html
Be careful buying facia as two available....the standard double din and the larger opening one for the 7 screens....as just done?.lol......so double check before buying....mine was only 11 quid off ebay and perfect fit.....

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
if struggling have the connector spare as facia came with specific wiring for leon but got with stereo....if want it you can have...will save you paying for install ....let me know and i can send it...as no need of it and was going to bin,

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
Double check if stereo you bought has leon mk2 listed.....if not you will definately need either wiring with canbus box in loom though other is radio needs ignition in 1st position to power....

JohnnyMackers

Mar 17, 2016
Hopefully install goes well, I'm after changing my head unit out too, keep the thread updated with pics too, like to see it installed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jasonsmith1989

Oct 17, 2016
I,ve finally got it installed. The xtrons unit seems to have alot of wires so I ended up having to take out the climate control above and stuff all the wires up there. Had to get an electrician to connect an ingnition live as the standard loom doesn't have one. I will take a pic tomorrow and upload. The final surround doesn't fit that great but I wonder if it's from eBay, the face plate is like 1mm too small so had to force it over.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Yea taking the climate controls and vents out gives you decent access to the unit and to just behind it, actually makes the install fairly simple.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.