Yellow light combo (tyre pressure, steering wheel, ESP)

risbozg

Jun 3, 2015
Hi to all,

I've been having this problem since January this year. Those three yellow light would just pop on now and then and I couldn't find pattern what's causing this. VCDS says: Steering wheel: Steering Angle sensor - interminient". Been to 4 different mechanics and no one knows what is wrong. First one said, there was a water in fuse box, another one changed steering angle sensor and one another sensor and nothing changed. Even got new accumulator. After local service tour, finally went to local dealership and even they don't know what is going on. They are trying to make me pay for another (3rd) steering angle sensor which is obviously working fine. And I don't want to pay for this because even they are not sure if this is gonna solve the problem. Why? Because during summer I drove over 3 thousand kilometers and everything was fine, no lights were poping. Later on (last month) I found out that if climate or headlights were on, lights woudn't come poping up. Strange, but I've tested this for last month and days when I was driving with climate, everything was fine. No errors, and nothing.

Existing steering angle sensor was independenty tested and it's working fine. What can be seen on VCDS block module. I even tested old one, and again, it's working flawlessly...

Last week car came back from local dealership and now no matter if climate or headlights were on, lights are almost always on. Car is driveable, but when yellow steering wheel light is on, steering wheel is not returning back to center as normal, and like servo motor is not functioning at his best strenght.

Has anyone had similar problem? Because, it seems like no service in my country knows how ti fix this....

risbozg

Jun 3, 2015
No, unfortunately it is not. New battery was installed before 4 months. Battery before that new one, was old 8 years and was still in pretty good shape but I changed it just in case. Local dealership cheched that, and they also checed all cable connections.

Fipsy

Feb 13, 2018
Tamworth
Often multiple error lights on is a sign of a failing battery
I have to agree with you here. My battery was fine on the night a couple of months ago after a long motorway drive. Parked up as usual, locked and left it. Next morning tried to start the car and it struggled but started on the 2nd or 3rd attempt but I had the same lights on then. Next time I tried to start it literally an hour later there was nothing. My battery was only 2 years old. They can fail at any age. Got it replaced under its 3 year warranty and worked a treat. Only problem was the lights were still on after connecting the new battery but If you turn the steering wheel to full lock both directions it clears the lights and they have stayed off since.

risbozg

Jun 3, 2015
As I already said, it's not failing battery. Tried with two different brand new bateries and again, the same. I went through all of those procedures and indeed when I start driving, lights turn off like problem is solved, but again in a few minutes, lights are back on - like someone in a middle of driving disconnected the battery.
"00778 - steering angle sensor (g85) 000 - - -" is the error on ABS brakes and Steering assist modules

risbozg

Jun 3, 2015
The garage who said about water on the fusebox is the path to follow.
Unfortunately, I couldn't be near car then, so I don't know if they were lying about that and just trying to make something up. After that, vehicle was returned to them four times in total. They tried upgrading steering angle sensor, cleaning all negative (mass) connections, changing both steering angle sensor and airbag module, and nothing has helped. And they admited they don't know what is wrong.

Another garage (certified dealer) is now trying to make me pay them for new steering angle sensor which has already been changed 2 times now. I don't want to pay for the third sensor and they don't want to do nothing more if I don't pay for that.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Unfortunately, I couldn't be near car then, so I don't know if they were lying about that and just trying to make something up. After that, vehicle was returned to them four times in total. They tried upgrading steering angle sensor, cleaning all negative (mass) connections, changing both steering angle sensor and airbag module, and nothing has helped. And they admited they don't know what is wrong.

Another garage (certified dealer) is now trying to make me pay them for new steering angle sensor which has already been changed 2 times now. I don't want to pay for the third sensor and they don't want to do nothing more if I don't pay for that.
That’s fair enough. Out of interest when it rains do your windows fog up on the inside? Or when you wash the car?

risbozg

Jun 3, 2015
That’s fair enough. Out of interest when it rains do your windows fog up on the inside? Or when you wash the car?
Yes they do fog up but not always. Depends what kind of air humidity is inside and what kind is outside. They fog much more now in cold weather than in summer. But aircon solves this fog in few seconds. I drive all summer with aircon and you almost never see fog on windows. Now in winter you could see fog just for a few seconds before you start car and aircon starts to blow - this is case when you had just washed the car. But when I go to work in the morning, never ever have I seen fog on windows...

risbozg

Jun 3, 2015
Just to let you know, problem has been fixed. They didn't gave me much information but "network processor" (whatever that is) was to blame. And just after 8 months and 5 different mechanics...

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe BCM ie Body Control Module, the controller that sends/controls all unwanted power users to sleep after the engine is switched off. Thought "network processor" could be CAN - Gateway.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise