ATECA Quadlock Pinouts

J40hnw

Dec 16, 2021
Hopfully the techs out there will be able to assist.
Im in the middle of fitting Seat sound to my 2018 Ateca and have come up against an issue where the wires will go in the Quadlock.
On mine there are alrready wires in the place where SS wires would go. See pics.
Can anyone shed some light on what these wire may be for and if they can be moved or removed?

Any help is much apprecieated :)
unnamed (1).jpg

Reactions: Tell
You have to modify the existing wiring, the unit will also require a new sound dataset & coding.
If you just unplug them the speakers attached to them won't work..

If you change the wiring without the coding & sound dataset, it won't work

Alternatively, buy a plug and play kit with the software modifications included in the price & a warranty

You can also get our wiring installed at VW Retrofit

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Reactions: Antera

J40hnw

Dec 16, 2021
Hiya and thank you for the replies.;)

I've been on the Spanish forum and found the write up for the Leon as above its now translated and pretty useful.
Something to do over Christmas and another visit to my guy Alex for the ness tech bits.💷💷💷

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
The Spanish guys are always good. Leon lads. Push you out of snow as well when in Luxembourg 🤣. The Seat family. We did go back into the car park and made sure they were not stuck once I was out. Was a 2WD Altea at the time I'd expect my 4WD Ateca to come sailing out 😂. It has been fine on what snow there has been.

Last edited:

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
What is the difference between SEAT sound and using a good DSP set to your preferences? Apart from more profit for SEAT.

Looked at the SEAT sound retro fit kit. I'm pretty sure £400 would buy a good quality Android HU with built in DSP. couple that with amp/subs and surely that meet every one's desire.

Tell

Staff member
The Seat Sound gives you a centre speaker and the sub woofer. It's driven by the amplifier so vcds coding swaps between the normal sound system and the Seat sound system. The other speakers were all the same. Basically no external amp.

The Beats and Sound that came along later.... different speakers. I believe on the Cupras you might have an external amplier, certainly on the Formentor / some. That's housed under the seat.

The problem with putting in other speakers in place of the Seat Sound system which wasn't fitted after circa 2020 is you are fiddling with the analogue out. The sound system output if you don't have the amp all the crossover is done digitally in the head unit. The old days of crossovers it was done closely to where the wires terminated by the speakers, like home sound systems, you'd find a form of crossover. The Seat amp in the infotainment unit drives each speaker without a crossover, since each output on that socket is set for the speaker. I might have said that already on the thread 🙄. East Yorkshire Retrofit said you'd need additional wiring, that's true.

People do connect other amps onto mib2 systems but you are plumbing into the analogue out, not a digital out. That was the one enabled on non Seat cars with the external amp on mib2. Again @East Yorkshire Retrofits are the experts. You might find DIY projects but for mib2, I suspect you are hard pressed to get the digital out but it's probably been done. Last Cupras on 1447 firmware had migrated away from Seat Sound system. Mib3 I pass on. Unlike home sound systems where you have your surround sound digital systems fed by HDMI, ToS and Coaxial digital, no digital out or that's your task to get nirvana out of them.

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
So are you saying you can't use aftermarket speakers even if they are the same ohms? BTW Mine is the Blaupunk single CD unit. I have a problem with it that it's not powering on. There is no power at pin 3 or pin 4 (marked U+). I checked the dash fuse (F20) and it was ok. Therefore I would have thought one of those pins would have power. And while I was checking on pin 6 (CAN-) I was getting 12V with ignition off, 2V with ignition on. I think that can't be right

Tell

Staff member
You can use after market speakers but as said those that connect to atleast a mib2 the crossover is done in the unit so the mid range won't get any tweeter sounds since that band is taken out in the unit. Traditionally people connected traditional car speakers with crossover down range, now it's in the amp.

I'm going to defer the rest to @East Yorkshire Retrofits. I stopped doing in car speaker systems about 17 years ago 🤣.

Reactions: GORDYDJ

Tell

Staff member
Another thread here on the pin out

But note that ztc file thing that's what East Yorkshire has pointed out in the past just simply not coding if you want to connect the Seat Subwoofer. The infotainment unit is probably like a custom surround system control by that file. We are use to toggling the settings on home systems if you have a surround sound system amp and the crossovers are in the speakers. So the infotainment system have developed into these oddball setups which aren't like your domestic AV systems or car systems of old. Thus patching an amp onto the output like some people do is a bit Heath Robinson. The vibrating sub woofer etc.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.