Silly chavs...

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
Imagine the scene, we've al been there at some point...

A couple of hours ago me and the missus were bored and decided to go out for a random late night drive. "Cruised" around a couple of local town centres and had a bit of a blat along some deserted country roads just to blow out the cobwebs.;)

Started to get a bit tired so we decided to go home. The route home took us along a national speed limit dual carriage way broken up by the odd set of traffic lights. While driving I noticed some headlights rapidly gaining in the rear view mirror. Thought nothing of it and just carried on while they caught up and drew and stayed level with us. I looked over and sure enough, it was the Saxpoo brigade with 3 lads and a girl looking back at me. Next thing I know, the driver dips the clutch and revs his lawn mower engine coupled to a dustbin exhaust indicating he wanted a race. Me and the missus both laughed as we approached some traffic lights.

Both of us stopped at the red light when I hear a beep and the passenger is hanging out of the window shouting something over. I wind mine down and the passenger (clutching on to a can of cheap lager) shouts "Wot dus FR stand for (pointing at the badge on thefront wing), F**kin Retard?!" And again the driver bounces the engine on the limiter. I just smiled back and gave a little diesel clatter after which all the occupants on the Saxpoo start laughing. I looked down to the passenger's door and notice a VTS badge. A bad thought just crossed my mind, have I just bitten off more than I can chew? Saxo's might well be remodelled biscuit tins but they are pretty rapid off the mark...:think:

Anyway, lights go amber and the Saxpoo driver spins away with the front passenger still hanging out of the window. Lights go green and I launch too, front wheels being kept in check by the traction control system and again, the dash light flickering as I change in to second. By this time the chavs have pulled about 2 car lenghts on me as the boost from the turbo starts lurching us forward. In to 3rd gear and we pass them with relative ease as the Saxpoo's exhaust screams in agony. We hit the 70mph speed limit and I back off the throttle. The chavs tear past as we approach the next set of traffic lights. As we pull up, I wind the window down and, while smiling, I shout over "What does VTS stand for, Very Tiny Schlong?!" Just at that time the lights turn green and they wheels spin off shouting abuse and obscene language while I turn left leaving them to cry about getting dumped on by a diesel!:lol:

That's the funniest thing that's happened to me for a long time! Just as I thought the Leon was feeling slow, something like this happens and you realise just what a capable "weapon" a remaped TDI really is!:funk:

Balkanwulf

that's just a beautiful story.. but I'm glad you didn't go above 70mph... ;o)
rover 200's or whatever they are called with that MG badge on it are the bain of my life, so many and so cheap and so many bits out of halfords stuck to them..

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
Last night has made my week!:D I know the VTS's are rapid little baked bean tins but I was suprised how quick mine reeled it in! The look on their faces as we passed them was a picture! :-o

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Great story for a sunday morning! Well done Danny - always good to see those Chavs smiles wiped off. I had a similar story a while back but a different outcome - me in my golf gti and them in a Nova - the Nova had me, must have been modded to the hills and bit like a light biscuit tin as you say like the Saxo! :redface:

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
Great story for a sunday morning! Well done Danny - always good to see those Chavs smiles wiped off. I had a similar story a while back but a different outcome - me in my golf gti and them in a Nova - the Nova had me, must have been modded to the hills and bit like a light biscuit tin as you say like the Saxo! :redface:

Need to be carefull with Novas, I bet there's more on the road with C20XE's and C20LET's in them than there are with standard engines!

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Need to be carefull with Novas, I bet there's more on the road with C20XE's and C20LET's in them than there are with standard engines!

Definitely! i owned one a couple of years ago with a C20XE, Rapid things ;)
Easily out run most things, just felt like it was gona fall apart lol

Great fun though.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
they are quick off the mark but that's about it...you got a big turbo and a huge amount of torque past 60mph compared to them...i am not surprised by the results! :)

Funny story! :)

Cooper_81

Jun 17, 2007
Glasgow
Imagine the scene, we've al been there at some point...

A couple of hours ago me and the missus were bored and decided to go out for a random late night drive. "Cruised" around a couple of local town centres and had a bit of a blat along some deserted country roads just to blow out the cobwebs.;)

Started to get a bit tired so we decided to go home. The route home took us along a national speed limit dual carriage way broken up by the odd set of traffic lights. While driving I noticed some headlights rapidly gaining in the rear view mirror. Thought nothing of it and just carried on while they caught up and drew and stayed level with us. I looked over and sure enough, it was the Saxpoo brigade with 3 lads and a girl looking back at me. Next thing I know, the driver dips the clutch and revs his lawn mower engine coupled to a dustbin exhaust indicating he wanted a race. Me and the missus both laughed as we approached some traffic lights.

Both of us stopped at the red light when I hear a beep and the passenger is hanging out of the window shouting something over. I wind mine down and the passenger (clutching on to a can of cheap lager) shouts "Wot dus FR stand for (pointing at the badge on thefront wing), F**kin Retard?!" And again the driver bounces the engine on the limiter. I just smiled back and gave a little diesel clatter after which all the occupants on the Saxpoo start laughing. I looked down to the passenger's door and notice a VTS badge. A bad thought just crossed my mind, have I just bitten off more than I can chew? Saxo's might well be remodelled biscuit tins but they are pretty rapid off the mark...:think:

Anyway, lights go amber and the Saxpoo driver spins away with the front passenger still hanging out of the window. Lights go green and I launch too, front wheels being kept in check by the traction control system and again, the dash light flickering as I change in to second. By this time the chavs have pulled about 2 car lenghts on me as the boost from the turbo starts lurching us forward. In to 3rd gear and we pass them with relative ease as the Saxpoo's exhaust screams in agony. We hit the 70mph speed limit and I back off the throttle. The chavs tear past as we approach the next set of traffic lights. As we pull up, I wind the window down and, while smiling, I shout over "What does VTS stand for, Very Tiny Schlong?!" Just at that time the lights turn green and they wheels spin off shouting abuse and obscene language while I turn left leaving them to cry about getting dumped on by a diesel!:lol:

That's the funniest thing that's happened to me for a long time! Just as I thought the Leon was feeling slow, something like this happens and you realise just what a capable "weapon" a remaped TDI really is!:funk:

One word mate.......Priceless!!!

Davie

PjCupra

Legend of a story mate, loved the Vts bit as Cooper 81 said priceless

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Thats good story, get similer line up as well.

happen to me but with metro in reverse order, blew me off the lights, was going going. found out later. Had rover 1.8VVC engine in that washing macghine plus mods (power 2weight).
What ppl can do nowerdays.

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Yep the old novas are easy to drop 2lt 16v engine into_One of best engines ever made,i have to admit i owned one alot of years ago,looked as standard as could be for a nova GTE on the outside,but it was as modified as could be performance wise,spent £££££££££££ on it,i have never been in anything as fast ever,brutal is the word i think,any speed,any gear It would have pissed over my mapped R.Sometimes you never know whats under the bonnet,sometimes it might be a 1.1 special with 6 inch exhaust,another it might be some kind of well modified turbo nutter.

caveo

nice one mate but not to take owt away from you but get 4 people in any saxo and it wont go any where after 50mph due to almost no torque from the blender of an engine , but they can be nippy off the line.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.